Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Tablet Bargains - Down under  (Read 12750 times)

mywifeshusband

Tablet Bargains - Down under
« on: October 08, 2012, 05:16:24 AM »

I'm visiting Australia and a Tablet unknown to me in the UK is flying odd the shelves in Aldi stores like hot cakes.  This is a Bauhn (has any one heard of it back home) Spec includes a 9.7 inch sceen, Android Ice cream Sandwich, 16 Gb internal memory with micro SD slot for expansion, a micro usb input and output (I can download pictures from my camera direct) Dual processor, whole bundle of cables for interfacing external equipment, cameras fromt and back all for $250 Australian. Or about £160 UK. Oh yes it has an Autralian charger of course with an Australian plug but as it can also be charged via the usb connection this is not a problem - I hope.
Is this all too be good to be true I wonder and what will hapen next week when I return with it to the UK I wonder? Aldi UK are you listening? Oh yes I did buy one with my fingers crossed.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Tablet Bargains - Down under
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 09:08:33 AM »

Never heard of them but there a loads of unknown branded tablets for sale here in the UK,just look on Amazon or Ebay.Yes they are cheap but looking by the amount that get returned the quality is something to be desired.

Obviously the biggest market player is the i-pad,but Samsung,Motorola and Asus make some good tablets and there is the imminent release of Microsoft's  offering(s)The Slate.
I would imagine sales of all tablets will be very high with Christmas looming

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 09:38:53 AM »

If you Google the name it appears that these make of tablets are available in Germany although not necessarily the same model. The Bauhn website in Australia seems to show it is part of ALDI.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 03:22:55 PM »

Id not heard of Bauhn before, but after a couple of googles they do seem popular in Aus.|

>> Spec includes a 9.7 inch sceen,

Nice.  Although the Nexus 7 is coming in at a good price, I personally prefer the larger screens, makes reading much easier on the eyes.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything