Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Problem with outlook  (Read 6535 times)

staffsman

Problem with outlook
« on: October 05, 2012, 05:21:26 PM »

Help please.  I updated a version of Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) on my wife's Laptop today.
I did the same to my PC a couple of days ago without problem but the laptop is giving me trouble.
I should say I have been using KIS for years and like it very much.

Both the PC and the laptop are pretty much the same  W7, MS Office (2007) and mostly used for browsing, shopping, banking and Email.
We use Outlook for Email and that is where the problem is.  My Outlook -fine, no problems at all.  However the laptop isn't so easy.
Don't know why but we keep getting an error message.  it reads something like this: 
   the add-in : Google desktop search outlook add in "C:\program files (x86) google\google desktop search\googledesktopoffice.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by outlook.  Please contact add in manufacturer for an update.  If no update is available please un-install the add-in.
 The message does go away when it is cancelled but returns every time Outlook is opened.

As far as I can see there is no such add-in nor Google desktop office come to that.  I am really stuck here.
I don't know what to do or where to go. Google desktop is not listed in Add or Remove so I can't uninstall it  I guess I could install a version and then remove it but doesn't seem right.

I'm just looking for idea's please

Ray

SecTSys

• I only work with HTCPCP
    • Putney Computers Facebook page
Re: Problem with outlook
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 05:46:40 PM »

If it is Kaspersky that has caused the problem then there is a good chance that the "cleanup" software in the KIS suite has caused it by removing the regestry entries provided. so my first step would be to look to see if KIS made a registry backup and you can attempt to restore that, or alternatively if that fails, Check for updates on your browser and your outlook, if there are none then you could attempt to "Repair" the installation of outlook via the Install / Uninstall software provided.

failing that - Re-install office completely and that should restore the missing registry entry if that is indeed the problem.

Visit the Live Gaming Website STSLG Website
Visit my YouTube gaming channel at STS Live Gaming

Browni

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 11:50:39 PM »

staffsman

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 09:04:48 AM »

Have a look here

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1959/outlook_2007_disabling_enabling_add_ins/

Thanks for your reply but it was one of the first places I checked.  The supposed disabled add-in isn't listed?

r

staffsman

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 09:09:46 AM »

If it is Kaspersky that has caused the problem then there is a good chance that the "cleanup" software in the KIS suite has caused it by removing the regestry entries provided. so my first step would be to look to see if KIS made a registry backup and you can attempt to restore that, or alternatively if that fails, Check for updates on your browser and your outlook, if there are none then you could attempt to "Repair" the installation of outlook via the Install / Uninstall software provided.

failing that - Re-install office completely and that should restore the missing registry entry if that is indeed the problem.

I don't think KIS is the problem but I have had a go at all the things you list except the full office re-install.
I have a couple of ideas of my own, grabbing at straws really, so I'll see how they go?

Thanks

Ray

staffsman

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 11:21:18 AM »

Problem sorted.  I just downloaded Google desktop and the problem has gone away!
Now the only worry is that I didn't have Google Desktop before I found the problem so I don't know why the add-in was disabled, as far as I now it was never there  or if it was I didn't disable it or removed it.

Strange but now at least the wife is quite.

Thanks to anyone who tried to help.

Ray

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 12:27:17 AM »

Strange, but Im glad you got it sorted
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

SecTSys

• I only work with HTCPCP
    • Putney Computers Facebook page
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 02:44:02 PM »

glad the problem got sorted - strange indeed, - glad the wife is happy now too!  ;)
Visit the Live Gaming Website STSLG Website
Visit my YouTube gaming channel at STS Live Gaming

Browni

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 06:38:26 PM »

Glad you're sorted.

Just out of curiosity, does the add-in now show on Outlook?

anything