Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: rs-ux and rs-w v1.0RC1 released  (Read 19378 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: rs-ux and rs-w v1.0RC1 released
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 06:39:17 PM »

I can't think of any way that the popup hints would be affected by taking a couple of snapshots. But the fact that it doesn't happen every time is bringing me back to thinking about a window redrawing issue. Is the PC in question possibly a rather low power model?
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 06:41:54 PM »

Is the PC in question possibly a rather low power model?

No its an AMD Phenom quad core so it's quite fast  ;)

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 11:16:44 PM »

Eric may I make a suggestion? I have been using rs-ux to see how my HG612 behaves and one thing I think might be useful is somewhere to record the time and level of the highest and lowest snrm values say in any 1 day. This would mean that I could go directly to the relevant snapshot to see the actual graph containing the values recorded. Does anyone else see any value in this?

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 07:46:06 AM »

That's a useful suggestion Stuart. It's been in my mind that scrolling the graphs becomes a bit unwieldy after the program has been recording for some time, and looking through lots of snapshots is just as unwieldy. I could display this extra data on the Stats page, and add buttons on the graph pages to jump directly to the relevant positions on the graphs.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 08:17:37 AM »

Eric ref the pop up problem it happens on a fresh start of the program every time. Not always exactly the same symptom as this morning the pop up is blank in each case. I suspect it cures itself later but not sure when exactly - maybe when the graph fills and starts scrolling but I've not been around to check yet!

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 10:15:10 AM »

I suspect it cures itself later but not sure when exactly - maybe when the graph fills and starts scrolling but I've not been around to check yet!

The popup hints are completely independent of anything the program is doing (except insofar as it's all using the same system resources). So it's hard to see any way it would 'cure' itself, unless the clue is in the way Linux caches program data in memory, or something like that.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2012, 12:28:34 PM »

Strange that today nothing has changed, they are still blank!

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2012, 01:09:53 PM »

Stuart, could you let me know what distro this system uses, and what desktop? I've raised the issue on the Lazarus (development system) forum, and that question has been asked.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2012, 01:58:39 PM »

I am using Fedora 17 with KDE 4.9.2 all fully up to date. I also use an ATI gfx card although not a high end gaming one it's an hd4350.

Stuart

PS. just to say I get pop up boxes in many other applications of the exact same colour and font and they all work fine.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 05:37:36 PM by broadstairs »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2012, 11:10:57 AM »

Stuart, I've uploaded Linux 32-bit and 64-bit versions which have been built with Qt instead of GTK2 which I've normally used for the Linux versions. The Qt versions will be suitable for use on KDE systems only. I would appreciate it if you could try this version to see if it fixes the popup issue.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BxbUtOYVZ_SCZ1BnY3RKYnN2b1U/edit

For explanation, I think that the issue may be the result of a small amount of incompatibility between GTK2 applications and the KDE desktop. I've noticed on my own KDE systems that there are occasional slight redraw problems with GTK2 programs, and these don't occur with Qt programs.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2012, 11:35:41 AM »

Eric it wont run because it cannot find libQt4Pas.so.5 so I obviously need another package installed but not yet found which one I need.

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2012, 11:46:03 AM »

Sorry about that. That library is part of the development system and shouldn't be needed for running the compiled program. I'll find out what's gone wrong.
  Eric

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 07:46:02 PM »

Would it be possible to implement a 'lowest SNRM' and 'highest SNRM' feature similar to RouterStats?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 10:32:00 PM »

Would it be possible to implement a 'lowest SNRM' and 'highest SNRM' feature similar to RouterStats?

I'm not familiar with that feature in Routerstats. What does it do - just keep a record of the highest and lowest SNRM values over a period? If so, it will be easy to implement.
  Eric

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2012, 07:19:22 AM »

I'm not familiar with that feature in Routerstats. What does it do - just keep a record of the highest and lowest SNRM values over a period? If so, it will be easy to implement.

When one right clicks on the SNRM graph, it gives one a 'lowest SNRM' and 'highest SNRM'.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

anything