Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: rs-ux and rs-w v1.0RC1 released  (Read 19369 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
rs-ux and rs-w v1.0RC1 released
« on: October 02, 2012, 10:42:15 AM »

- corrected SNR tab being visible when SNR per tone is included with bitloading
- corrected auto snapshots of separate SNR per tone graph
- corrected incorrect colouring of separate SNR per tone graph on VDSL2 connections
- corrected failure to save some settings on exit

This is a V1 release candidate.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BxbUtOYVZ_SCZ1BnY3RKYnN2b1U/edit
  Eric

zhadoom

• 38/4 Mb/s - HG612
Re: rs-ux and rs-w v1.0RC1 released
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 05:02:12 PM »

Testing now ....

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 07:32:04 PM »

Thank you, Eric.

The 64-bit rs-ux RC1 package has now been downloaded to The Cattery.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 08:32:41 PM »

All seems to be working well using a HG612 modem on my VDSL2 connection.

The snapshot timing does appear to creep 2 minutes sooner every 2 hours though.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 08:37:30 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 10:37:35 PM »

All seems to be working well using a HG612 modem on my VDSL2 connection.

The snapshot timing does appear to creep 2 minutes sooner every 2 hours though.

Thanks for the report. The 2-minute overlap was deliberate, to ensure that no data was missed. But this was done when I was using a rather inaccurate timer. As I'm now using an accurate timer, I guess the overlap is no longer necessary. I'll remove it.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 10:58:40 AM »

Eric firstly I have just started rs-ux again since reconnecting my D-Link and low and behold the system up time is correct and the AS time now shows to be correct since i have only just done a reconnect (I was testing my HG612 which is another story). So it looks like the AS time does not work well when the router has been up for weeks, or that's my guess. I'll keep an eye on it.

Now to my HG612 testing - all went well using my W7 laptop to unlock and configure it, I then plugged in the phone lead and again it connected to my ADSL service OK however I did not have telnet available as a separate program so I thought I'd check out rs-ux for the stats data and here is my problem. Although I correctly entered the user and password (which works OK from a browser) it kept getting login errors. I did have the sh box ticked as it shows that pop up message about the HG612 needing it. No matter how many times I tried it would not connect and gave telnet errors.

Have you any ideas as to why this might be? Are there any other rs-ux users with an HG612 on ADSL trying this out?

Stuart

Edit: Having just read the help it would seem that the web password and the telnet password are not the same on the HG612 so will try that next time I test this...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:18:44 AM by broadstairs »
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 11:22:49 AM »

So it looks like the AS time does not work well when the router has been up for weeks, or that's my guess.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's to do with router uptime. I think that, with some routers such as the DSL-2740B, the AS value always gives the time since the first connection after a reboot. So if you get a re-sync while the router remains running, the AS reference time doesn't change.

Have you any ideas as to why this might be? Are there any other rs-ux users with an HG612 on ADSL trying this out?

Yes, I use an HG612. You need to change the "Stats command prefix" to "xdslcmd info" for this router, so perhaps you haven't done that.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 12:25:12 PM »

Eric this was at least the second or third re-connect after reboot so system up time is 5+ days and AS time is showing 1 hr 59 mins which is correct frm when I re-plugged the phone cable after testing the HG612.

Stuart

Forgot to add that the popup messages over Uptime, AS Time and Downstream speed dont fit in the boxes correctly. In the case of the two time ones the box is wider than the text but only first half of each line shows up, in the last case the 'd' of speed is cut off slightly.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 12:30:54 PM by broadstairs »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 12:59:59 PM »

Eric this was at least the second or third re-connect after reboot so system up time is 5+ days and AS time is showing 1 hr 59 mins which is correct frm when I re-plugged the phone cable after testing the HG612.

I see. This may be a bug in the router firmware then. I don't try to do anything clever here - I just read read the AS value reported by the router, and convert it to days, hours, minutes and seconds.

Forgot to add that the popup messages over Uptime, AS Time and Downstream speed dont fit in the boxes correctly. In the case of the two time ones the box is wider than the text but only first half of each line shows up, in the last case the 'd' of speed is cut off slightly.

That's an odd one, and I don't see it here. Do you have unusual default fonts on your system, or anything like that? I'll have a look and see if I can do anything about this.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 01:05:18 PM »

I see. This may be a bug in the router firmware then. I don't try to do anything clever here - I just read read the AS value reported by the router, and convert it to days, hours, minutes and seconds.

I'll see what happens over the next few days.

That's an odd one, and I don't see it here. Do you have unusual default fonts on your system, or anything like that? I'll have a look and see if I can do anything about this.

AFAIK yes I do have the standard Fedora ones (this was noticed on Linux) plus a whole load more and I've not checked W7 to see what happens there.

Stuart

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 02:26:44 PM »

Eric your help info is of course accurate and the web interface does not have the same password as the telnet one on the HG612. Annoying as so far I've not found any way of changing it, although I can restrict acces for telnet from specific local lan addresses. So I now have rs-ux working fine.

The popup boxes do work fine on Window7 by the way.

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 02:51:33 PM »

Thanks Stuart.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 04:07:09 PM »

Eric re the pop up box I have managed a snapshot of what happens on my machine attached here.

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 04:43:54 PM »

That's really odd. It looks as though the box is the right size for the text, but the text gets cut off part of the way across. I might suspect a window redrawing issue, but probably not if it's repeatable. I really don't know about this one.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 05:09:32 PM »

It's repeatable Eric everytime I hover over the messages. Actually it's not repeatable ....... grrrrr  I just tried it and it is perfect, only difference is that it took two snapshots a few minutes ago of SNRM and Connection Speed, dont know if that helps. I dont want to shut it down now as I am trying to monitor the HG612 but later tonight I will close it before I shutdown the PC so I'll see what happens when I close the program and then start it anew.

Stuart
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

anything