Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Blood from stone !  (Read 2773 times)

waltergmw

• Kitizen
Blood from stone !
« on: October 14, 2012, 06:37:25 PM »

Gentlefolk,

You might like to read the attached transcript - not a lot - to quote Paul Daniels.

I have edited in the chat URL and removed the phone number partially.

I ws unable to transmit the final line either.

Kind regards,
Walter

Jonny

Re: Blood from stone !
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 11:41:53 PM »

Know what you mean i spent ages giving them the last chance to come clean, but just continually lied to to get the order.

Incidentally just put a neighbours address in that checker 50 yards closer to cab and says other users getting 45meg. Just put my own in and says 13 meg higher 50 yards further and no way can i get 58 always hovers 41 meg unless i change the router for a DLink in which case 49 meg.
Fighting a losing battle goal posts change at will, sure i can find it in writing 'promised 58 meg' and Uk telephone support numbers.
Previous FTTC supplier didnt want to know when dropped below 8meg, the answer was pay more go for a business package.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 09:09:07 PM »

Gentlefolk,

You might like to read the attached transcript - not a lot - to quote Paul Daniels.

My first thoughts when reading this is you were connected to a BOT  :D
then second thought boy this is a clever BOT
then oops there is a real person behind the keyboard  :(

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 09:25:34 PM »

Couple of things to point out .....

1) There is NO lower limit to speed offered by VDSL, hasn't been for a couple of months now.

2) The call-centre advisor would not have info as to when the actual Cabinet is 'Going Live'. There are numerous reasons as to why definitives aren't given out, only when it has been commissioned will it be made to the relevant people.

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 08:26:35 AM »

Thanks very much BS,

Whilst I'm sure you are absolutely correct from an Openreach viewpoint (as they must be seen to offer all ISPs the same services to all their clients).
However many ISPs, if not all of them, who offer VDSL services set their own lower limits presumably as they don't want to consume their resources on those they consider very marginal cases without a Universal Service Obligation from Openreach.

I do appreciate that the call centre advisor has to follow a protocol but at least this one was prepared to look at the Wholesale checker (and smile) but was duty bound to stick to her mandatory script even to the end.

Kind regards,
Walter

anything