Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hi new here  (Read 11536 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Hi new here
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 04:21:30 PM »

Oh yes, the white elephant that is 'Works Manager' is still here causing havoc and mayhem !!!

From my failing memory, I think it came into being in the early 90's when we had the hand- held 'Husky' units for picking up work. Again from memory, I believe the figure it cost to introduce the system was in the mid- twenties (Millions£), which is minuscule compared to what it has cost since to manually manipulate the system, due to its incredible faux-pas.

I think the poster above (johnnyteg), may be getting confused with the recent roll-out of 'Work Manager 2', and the introduction of 'Model Office'as to the vast ammountsb of travel we are currently enduring.

As a triallist of 'Model Office' on the WM 1 machine, I can assureJohnnyteg that it is MO that is the cause of the issue, not the WM2. WM2 (as with WM1), just issues jobs as it sees fit which usually entails travelling to other far reaching areas, previously manual intervention has stopped this, but with MO the 'Contollers' are told to leave well alone from manual intervention and allow WM to run things automatically. Discipline awaits any deviance from these rules, barring obvious instances such a health and safety issue.

Just for clarity purpose.

PS ... Welcome Jteg and I'm a JDSU man myself.

Jonnyteg

Re: Hi new here
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 07:15:12 PM »

Oh yes, the white elephant that is 'Works Manager' is still here causing havoc and mayhem !!!

From my failing memory, I think it came into being in the early 90's when we had the hand- held 'Husky' units for picking up work. Again from memory, I believe the figure it cost to introduce the system was in the mid- twenties (Millions£), which is minuscule compared to what it has cost since to manually manipulate the system, due to its incredible faux-pas.

I think the poster above (johnnyteg), may be getting confused with the recent roll-out of 'Work Manager 2', and the introduction of 'Model Office'as to the vast ammountsb of travel we are currently enduring.

As a triallist of 'Model Office' on the WM 1 machine, I can assureJohnnyteg that it is MO that is the cause of the issue, not the WM2. WM2 (as with WM1), just issues jobs as it sees fit which usually entails travelling to other far reaching areas, previously manual intervention has stopped this, but with MO the 'Contollers' are told to leave well alone from manual intervention and allow WM to run things automatically. Discipline awaits any deviance from these rules, barring obvious instances such a health and safety issue.

Just for clarity purpose.

PS ... Welcome Jteg and I'm a JDSU man myself.

Im sure management will revert back when the fuel bills are reviewed  :lol:  When your patch trial'd it did you not feedback the issues? Or you did, and the usual happens they went ahead anyway?

Im a Exfo guy, which is very rare in our region good bit of kit.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 07:18:47 PM by Jonnyteg »
Pages: 1 [2]

anything