Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: rs-ux and rs-w v0.92 released  (Read 3866 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
rs-ux and rs-w v0.92 released
« on: September 19, 2012, 10:51:22 AM »

Mainly a bugfixing and tidying-up release.

- program is now multithreaded, so responsiveness isn't degraded during sampling
- added 'System uptime' figure and option to use AS or SF for DSL uptime
- corrected wrong positioning of some buttons
- changed layout of QLN/HLog pages so that resizing doesn't cause components to overlap
- increased minimum size of window so that resizing doesn't cause display problems
- corrected scaling of SNR per tone graph
- corrected issue when pausing in the middle of a sampling period
- 'Sampling' is now displayed during the initial sampling period (although not really necessary any more)
- corrected issue which gave error message "The internet connection may have been dropped"
- sorted out enabling/disabling of the Start/Pause/Stop buttons to reflect status
- changed code which detects VDSL2 band plans, to take account of systems which don't use band U0

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BxbUtOYVZ_SCZ1BnY3RKYnN2b1U/edit
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: rs-ux and rs-w v0.92 released
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 08:20:13 PM »

Eric the uptime is still screwed on my system. Using AS gives give 114+ daaays for noth Uptie and DSL uptime, however the DSL time changes to 123+days when using the SF option! So neither give the corret DSL uptime for me.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 08:58:14 PM »

Something doesn't look quite right on my VDSL2 connection.

SNR in the bitloading graph looks slightly out of kilter & bitloading is all the same colour.

rhohne

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 10:33:20 PM »

The 1st time I started rsw I had one of those moments when there was a message box complaining about a priviledged instruction. Fortunately this hasn't happened since.

Have had rsw freeze once, after running for 2hrs, during the sampling process with the application failing to recover. Besides this single event the data presented appears to be accurate and reliable.

Have a question on the CRC graph it says "CRC per min", is it this or CRC per sample?

The AS vs SF value is down to the conversion factor, despite the spec saying superframes should be 17ms on my 834GT they work out to be approx every 16.25ms. (Answers on a postcard for other routers).

SF:             27098975                25922363
AS(Uptime):     440679

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 10:35:06 PM »

Downloaded to The Cattery for testing.  ;)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 10:41:26 PM »

Eric the uptime is still screwed on my system. Using AS gives give 114+ daaays for noth Uptie and DSL uptime, however the DSL time changes to 123+days when using the SF option! So neither give the corret DSL uptime for me.

Stuart

Sorry Stuart, I'm guilty of unintentional misrepresentation here. I should label that second uptime figure differently. I've found no way to get the DSL uptime from the telnet interface for your router (and probably several others).
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 10:43:50 PM »

Something doesn't look quite right on my VDSL2 connection.

SNR in the bitloading graph looks slightly out of kilter & bitloading is all the same colour.

Sorry, that does look a bit of a mess. I'll try to sort it out.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 10:56:53 PM »

The 1st time I started rsw I had one of those moments when there was a message box complaining about a priviledged instruction. Fortunately this hasn't happened since.

Have had rsw freeze once, after running for 2hrs, during the sampling process with the application failing to recover. Besides this single event the data presented appears to be accurate and reliable.

I suspect that these two things are from the same cause, and maybe related to the Windows version only. I'll try to find out what's happening.

Have a question on the CRC graph it says "CRC per min", is it this or CRC per sample?

No, it is CRC per minute. I get the data from the total CRC figure - I subtract the value in the previous sample from the value in the present sample, and convert it to a 'per minute' value using the sampling rate.

The AS vs SF value is down to the conversion factor, despite the spec saying superframes should be 17ms on my 834GT they work out to be approx every 16.25ms. (Answers on a postcard for other routers).

SF:             27098975                25922363
AS(Uptime):     440679

It doesn't tie up accurately with the 17 ms standard on my HG612 either. I'm wondering if the SF value has any real use in calculating uptime.
  Eric

anything