Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Plane Finder  (Read 11484 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Plane Finder
« on: September 06, 2012, 05:51:33 PM »

Have you ever looked up in the sky, seen a jet plane and wondered where its going?
Try checking out plane finder which shows live flight tracking.  http://planefinder.net/

Unfortunately not all areas are yet covered, but already its showing up some good info.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Plane Finder
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 06:20:21 PM »

Ooh, that's interesting.  :)

After zooming in, somewhat, I focussed onto Bury St Edmunds, the location of The Cattery. Once the display had stabilised, it became just like watching a trail of ants going towards, away from and circling Stansted Airport.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 06:43:36 PM »

Over 11000 planes and 18000 ships on the move at the same time around the world.... :o

That is a serious amount of fuel and pollution

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 07:27:51 PM »

Over 11000 planes and 18000 ships on the move at the same time around the world.... :o

That is a serious amount of fuel and pollution

Of which I'll be adding to, in the small hours of tomorrow morning.  :drink: :dance: :drink:

Fortnight in the sun ?? Dont mind if I do squire.  ;D

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 08:30:21 PM »

There is also http://www.flightradar24.com/ and for ships http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ both of which I have used in the past to track both planes and cruise ships.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 08:54:37 PM »

Can we allow that?  :-\  How will Openreach cope?  :-X  Have they arranged for Ezzer to provide cover?  ::)

The Nation MUST be told!  :P
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 10:05:18 PM »

happy hols BS.  Hope that wherever youre going that the weather is better than here.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 11:28:06 PM »

I like this one, I've used a similar site recently to track my parents flight over here. Was looking ok till over green land all of a sudden it tracked them heading almost in the opposite direction for a few mins ? Glitch in the data I assume. It was handy as it forecast accurately a much earlyer landing time than the timetable. And gave a clue to earlyer times for the previous few days due to tail winds.

We got to the Airport and arrival lounge with just a few mins to spare. made things easyer as the prediction came about slowly rather than a sporadic contact  to check the arrival only to send us in a panic.

This site looks a nicer one to locate the flight your interested in or just a general oggle.

Although growing up in Luton and not having my brothers fasination with planes I've had my fill. Though I did like to see the Airships come over and set all the neighbourhood dogs off every friday late morn'   

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 03:34:14 AM »

Can we allow that?  :-\  How will Openreach cope?  :-X  Have they arranged for Ezzer to provide cover?  ::)

The Nation MUST be told!  :P

No one man is bigger than the brand, B*Cat.  ;D Also, I think Ezzers busy on a racoon-killing spree ??  :lol:

Kitz - Thank you, I will. The weather where I'm going is pretty much guaranteed sun all year round.  :drink:

Laters guys.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 11:11:02 PM »

The raccoons are really cute. We were face to face with 3 recently. One only 3 feet away. That was the Rubbish bin area near the mail boxes, The rubbish area we use by our apartment have some very overweight raccoons. occasionaly I startle some when dropping a bag of rubbish in the skip. They can run only a short distance before becoming too short of breath. It's a particualry pathetic sight in winter when you see them resting in the middle of the car park with their breath visible as they try to regain some composure. I wouldnt want to come into contact with one as they do have long claws, do bite and some carry rabies.

I'll love to get a chance to take a photo if I come across the younger calm ones again.

Plenty of Cyotes (cant remember the spelling), Foxes, even the odd mountain lion round here. The cats are kept indoors at night. Even my "Puma"

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 08:37:39 PM »

WB Blacksheep.   Trust you had a good holiday and are now suitably tanned :)
-----

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 04:12:39 PM »

WB Blacksheep.   Trust you had a good holiday and are now suitably tanned :)

Woah on a minute Ms Kitz !!!! Don't you be cutting my holiday short, ya hear  !!!!  :D. Fortunately, I'm still here soaking up the rays and supping ale. Had a great night eating Tapas and getting merry last night, don't really want to come back to the UK tbh.

Alas, I will have to in 5 days time. Until then, sun, beer and relaxing is the order of the day. He he he ....

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 06:35:21 PM »

o0ps sorry Mr BS.   :blush:

Enjoy the next few days casting off that wooly fleece of yours, but be warned that you will need it when you come back to the UK.
-----

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 01:49:12 PM »

Ha ha ...... Much gracias seņorita.  ;D

anything