Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Compiled Java code very slow compared to pre-compiled sample  (Read 13448 times)

asbokid

• Kitizen
    • Hacking the 2Wire
Re: Compiled Java code very slow compared to pre-compiled sample
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 08:27:31 PM »

Hi Ian,

Sorry, missed your message until now.

Not sure about manuals for avidemux. My uses of it have been simple enough that the suck-it-and-see strategy has worked.  Being limited to cutting out unwanted sections footage, splicing several video into one, and transcoding to different formats and different bitrates for upload, DVD and video CD etc.

Once the A and B (start and end points) are set, then just select the output formats (use 'Copy' for both video and audio to stop it from transcoding), and then just 'Save' with a given filename. 

Your other queries are beyond me, sorry.  I'm no AV fiend!

cheers, a

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
Re: Compiled Java code very slow compared to pre-compiled sample
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 08:34:18 PM »

HI,

Thanks for the reply, and sorry I was so grumpy about it - I appreciate the time you've taken compiling the .jar s for me and recommending avidemux.  Just got frustrated that it didn't do what I expected.

I did have the video and audio on "copy", but I wasn't clear what sort of container file it was outputting.  If any.  Or why it didn't output the audio as well as the video, separate files or not.

I suspect I'd tried it out in a similar fashion before, and struggled with it, and that's why I moved on to Project-X.  That said, with the lack of HD support in Project-X, it's likely I'll have to move away from it soon, crash or no crash.

Will have another go with Avidemux later on

Thanks

Ian
Pages: 1 [2]