Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: adsl checker - distance calls from map api  (Read 12624 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: adsl checker - distance calls from map api
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 06:57:12 PM »

Its working  :thumbs:

It now shows Digital Region....Under LLU ?.......Why isn't it showing under FTTC as that is what DR supplies.I get 24mb down and 10mb FTTC yet no mention of a fibre connection being available. :-\

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 07:39:31 PM »

Ive not changed any of the ISP code...  Ive purely been updating the google maps API ie distance between home and the exchange.. and the map output.

>> Why isn't it showing under FTTC as that is what DR supplies.

I dont have any information about Digital Region and theres nothing in Sams API to call on them directly.
afaik, theres nothing anywhere released outside of BT's own database or DRs database which will give you an estimate of speeds for FTTC.

What I did do though Last october is hack something together which will pick up if your exchange is in an area served by DR and list them under alternative suppliers.  iirc sam also hit the same problem and also lists them under LLU.

If there was a publicly available list of cabs and predicted speeds I'd love to be able to get my mits on it and add this info to my database, so it could also be output, but unfortunately atm my hands are tied :(

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 10:27:45 PM »

Ive not changed any of the ISP code...  Ive purely been updating the google maps API ie distance between home and the exchange.. and the map output.

>> Why isn't it showing under FTTC as that is what DR supplies.

I dont have any information about Digital Region and theres nothing in Sams API to call on them directly.
afaik, theres nothing anywhere released outside of BT's own database or DRs database which will give you an estimate of speeds for FTTC.

What I did do though Last october is hack something together which will pick up if your exchange is in an area served by DR and list them under alternative suppliers.  iirc sam also hit the same problem and also lists them under LLU.

If there was a publicly available list of cabs and predicted speeds I'd love to be able to get my mits on it and add this info to my database, so it could also be output, but unfortunately atm my hands are tied :(

Its not a problem,I was just curious thats all.. :)

If it wasn't for DR I would still be tied down to around 2/2.5mb LLU as BT has no plans to upgrade my exchange(Attercliffe),and no Virgin cable available.
Pages: 1 [2]