Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Problems with forum  (Read 4307 times)

snadge

• Kitizen
Problems with forum
« on: June 05, 2013, 02:12:44 PM »

Iam not getting a lot of (most) Email Notification Of Replies which I rely on heavily for notifications? - what I can say is last week some time I tried to use Tapatalk to get onto the forum and it would not log in and said to inform the forum admin (my other forums worked) - im wondering if its been since then? I did not say anything because it worked later on?

EDIT: I changed my settings, saved, then changed back, saved and 2 emails came straight through!!

heres a screen of current unread notifications: (note the dates)

heres a screen of my kitz inbox in outlook, as you can tell comparing with above that I have not received some emails?

« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:31:02 PM by snadge »
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Problems with forum
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 11:40:32 PM »

I,m sorry, but I really don't know what/where the problem may lay.   Is anyone else having issues?

I rely on the software to 'do its thing'.     Both the forum software and the tapatalk plugin is up to date.
 I'm also not aware of any issues with mail and my own seems to be coming through ok.
The site and mail are on different server platforms for redundancy purposes, but this shouldn't cause any problems.   I'm not sure what could be going wrong :(  :hmm:

The only thing I can possibly think is the notification setting is set correctly.
Receive Reply notification only for the first unread reply - Checking this will only send you a notification of the first unread Reply instead of every Reply made.

I also presume you've checked that they aren't being spam filtered?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 01:53:57 AM »

Is anyone else having issues?

No problems here in The Cattery:)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 07:08:48 AM »

I don't use notifications, so I can't contribute unfortunately.
  Eric

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 05:16:25 PM »

I've sometimes noticed intermittent or delayed notification emails, BUT I'm with TalkTalk, and my Kitz email address is @talktalk.net so I usually blame that. 

Kitz : do you see any/many bounced emails from the notification system?

I ask because a few months ago I logged into the dynamic DNS service I use for my Gardencam server, and it urged me to give a working email address.  I'd been using my Talktalk email, but the system told me that emails to it had been bouncing!

Talktalk have had *a lot* of email problems in the past few weeks, but also historical ones going back further I think.

Ian

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 12:39:40 AM »

Kitz : do you see any/many bounced emails from the notification system?

I ask because a few months ago I logged into the dynamic DNS service I use for my Gardencam server, and it urged me to give a working email address.  I'd been using my Talktalk email, but the system told me that emails to it had been bouncing!

Talktalk have had *a lot* of email problems in the past few weeks, but also historical ones going back further I think.

Ian

There are a few occasionally, but they all tend to be invalid email addresses.  Ie when users have changed ISPs and forgotten to put their new address in.   I had several over the past few weeks but they were all for the same address.  I eventually managed to figure out who it was and that was sorted last w/e. There certainly aren't any outstanding or rejects.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything