Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Switch then router or router then switch???  (Read 8731 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Switch then router or router then switch???
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 11:11:28 PM »

. . . terminals 2 & 5 plus A & B on the back of my NTE2005 filtered faceplate . . .

Terminals 2 & 5 are for the (filtered) telephony connection.
Terminals A & B are for the (unfiltered) xDSL connection.

Looking at the PDF file for the socket you have purchased, I can see it is not what you were possibly expecting it to be. It certainly is not what I expected it to be. Let me explain  . . . the terminal 2 & 5 should be supplied with an unfiltered signal. There is a low-pass filter within that socket which is interposed between between the 2 & 5 terminals and the telephone socket on the front of it. The 2 & 5 terminals are also directly connected to the xDSL socket on the front of it. The F2, F3 & F5 terminals are from where further telephone extension sockets may be daisy-chained. (They are provided with the signal via the low-pass filter, just like the telephone socket.)

To make use of that Solwise ADSL-FFP85D socket, you will need just one twisted pair of a cable run between the NTE5/A + NTE2005 combination and the Solwise ADSL-FFP85D socket. Then . . .

(1) Connect the blue/white (or soild blue) wire to the B terminal of the NTE2005.
(2) Connect the white/blue (or solid orange) wire to the A terminal of the NTE2005.
(3) Connect the blue/white (or solid blue) wire to terminal 2 of the ADSL-FFP85D.
(4) Connect the white/blue (or solid orange) wire to terminal 5 of the ADSL-FFP85D.

. . . and the job is done.  :)

There is also a page in the Kitz wiki that explains the Internal Wiring colours.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 11:15:40 PM by burakkucat »
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Switch then router or router then switch???
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 09:41:15 AM »

Wrong product.

Edit: Ah, I see BK has explained at length. Basically this is NOT 2 separate sockets.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything