Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Check a site please - equifax  (Read 11702 times)

asbokid

• Kitizen
    • Hacking the 2Wire
Re: Check a site please - equifax
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 11:22:54 PM »

Sorry..  it never even dawned on me that Id used it and other people wouldnt know what it meant  :-[

CBS = Credit Bureau Search - ie a full credit check with Experion/Equifax. 
Practically every single branch of all the major banks had their own direct terminal machine which showed all the information held by the above companies... its how they can see more info than the basic stuff other financial institutions would get when they do a credit report.

Aha!  Thank you for the info.  Yet another acronym TATTL (To Add To The List!)

Hope you get it sorted very soon.  :)

cheers, a

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 12:13:13 AM by asbokid »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 10:35:15 PM »

update..  and result already.   Ombudsman have come down on my side and lloyds tsb have been negligent and have to pay costs.

Hopefully I will now just get one final piece of correspondence from Lloyds TSB...  and then thats it finally over and done with... 
....unless I decide to also report them to the ICO who can fine them if proved that theyve also been negligent with regards to the DPA.

(more acronyms for you asbo)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 10:51:04 PM »

:clap2:  :thumbs:  :clap:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 10:56:20 PM »

Great news! :clap2:
  Eric

asbokid

• Kitizen
    • Hacking the 2Wire
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 11:15:59 PM »

Wayhay!

Full Time Result:

Kitz 1 Lloyds Bank 0

cheers, a

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 12:13:40 AM »

Well I shall wait and see what Lloyds TSB have to say when its in writing.   
The lady from Lloyds TSB was actually quite nice and it was a pleasant change to speak to someone who didnt have an Indian accent and didnt make me feel like the criminal.

I'm not sure yet about taking it to the ICO, if Im happy with the above, then it will be over and done with as far as Im concerned.   Talking with my daughter about it tonight then she agrees that its probably not worth putting it to ICO as it would only be more hastle to do so, and I wouldnt benefit from it, other than know they could get fined.   

The slap on the wrists from the Financial Ombudsman and their suggestion of recompense, as long Lloyds TSB follow through with it and confirm that I wont be bothered again, suits me fine.  I just want it to stop.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

asbokid

• Kitizen
    • Hacking the 2Wire
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 12:56:50 AM »

Well I shall wait and see what Lloyds TSB have to say when its in writing.   
The lady from Lloyds TSB was actually quite nice and it was a pleasant change to speak to someone who didnt have an Indian accent and didnt make me feel like the criminal.

I'm not sure yet about taking it to the ICO, if Im happy with the above, then it will be over and done with as far as Im concerned.   Talking with my daughter about it tonight then she agrees that its probably not worth putting it to ICO as it would only be more hastle to do so, and I wouldnt benefit from it, other than know they could get fined.   

The slap on the wrists from the Financial Ombudsman and their suggestion of recompense, as long Lloyds TSB follow through with it and confirm that I wont be bothered again, suits me fine.  I just want it to stop.

Very noble of you!  No point kicking a man (nor even a bank) while it is down  :D   LloydsTSB is also 40% owned by We the People (as the Americans would say). So any fine on LloydsTSB would be part-paid by us any way!

cheers, a
Pages: 1 [2]