Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Talk Talk advise that channels 3, 8 or 9 are best ones for wifi? ..lol  (Read 2738 times)

snadge

• Kitizen

Someone has just told me that they were advised by Talk Talk that channels 3, 8 or 9 are the best channels to use?? can anyone confirm this lol... isnt it 1, 6 or 11 as they dont overlap into each other... or even 1, 7 or 13 (as now most routers allow 1-13)

the person who told me has tried channel 9 and says his signal is stronger on it ..hehe
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

GunJack

• Reg Member

it's entirely dependant on your local conditions....e.g. ch9 works best for me due to the channels in use around me. I have min overlap and am far enough away from next-doors ch1-5 N router. So don't scoff, run inSSIDer on a lappy in your house and see what your neighbours are using..you may be suprised ;)
8)..........Gettin' There, Wherever There is..........8)

Browni

• Reg Member

Makes sense to me.

If everybody around you is using the so-called recommended channels of 1,6 or 11 then probably the best option would be to use a channel in between the ones in use.

As Gunjack said, fire up inSSIDer on a laptop or use something similar on a mobile phone and look at the channels used and also the channel spread and relative signal strengths.

anything