Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: TFT screens  (Read 12337 times)

soms

• Reg Member
Re: TFT screens
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 01:58:15 AM »

If the monitor gets filthy quickly you might be intersted to look inside the computer itself! Techy people say to clean out your computer once a month if you are competent to do so.

Of course, whilst often unavoidable, the best pratice is to site your computer as far away as dust, grime and pets as possible. of course this in very diffiucult to do depending on how you household operates.

I don't bother cleaning my screen(s) regularly, I just sometimes give them a vacuum once in a while. Sometimes I use screen wipes, but they tend to leave a smeery finish which isn't very helpful in direct light etc.

Interestingly i find TFT screens still collect quite a bit of dust even though they don't produce the same static field. Whether our home is just exta dusty i don't know!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 02:03:05 AM by soms »

feliscatusx2

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2006, 09:50:11 PM »

I do check the the inside of the PC on the rare occasions that I add or change various oily bits.  I have never found any significant dust or rubble in the box.  This is either a tribute to Mrs FC's housekeeping skills or because it's an old PC with no case fans, only the one in the PSU which gets a blast of compressed air once in a blue moon.

The TFT is, so far, staying nice and clean.
Some people are like slinkies: they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

EVIL-SCOTSMAN

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2006, 06:14:02 PM »

normal tap water with a really fine cloth and a lot of elbow grease to stop it streaking, always works for me better than those so called tft/lcd screen wipes which leave one messy ass streak on the screen IMO.

only 1 month too late, but better late than never :p

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 07:56:21 PM »

I just use a piece of kitchen towel and a spot of washing up liquid !.   ;D
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.
Pages: 1 [2]