Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Talk Talk - 2 Engineer Visits, anyone know why?  (Read 5684 times)

snadge

• Kitizen
Talk Talk - 2 Engineer Visits, anyone know why?
« on: July 02, 2012, 09:20:28 PM »

My dad has just signed up with TT, he booked an engineers visit on 18th in morning because it shows as not having a phone line (there is one there but inactive), he got texts today to say that their is a BT Openreach Engineer calling on the 17th now in morning and the other Engineer on 18th as originally planned to install Talk Talk..? it says if he not in for one on 17th (and 18th) he will be charged for call out, thing is they never booked one in for 17th during signing up via phone and what if he didnt get these texts?

why is there 2 engineer visits? he has moved into a new house which has a phone line but its inactive, the new line engineer was booked for 18th AM and TT said the phone would be active straight away and broadband 24 hours later...

can anyone shed light on this please?

thanks
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Talk Talk - 2 Engineer Visits, anyone know why?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 11:20:44 PM »

Very strange.  ???

Perhaps Blackeagle might know what that is about?
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 03:07:06 PM »

it must be because odf the requirements or something ... 1 to hook up the phone line so its ready for the next one to activate the service??  why it cant be done by same guy ? - my dad says it seems to imply they are two different engineers with the 1st one being a BT openreach engineer, it states the other one simply as an "engineer to activate talk talk"

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 05:23:45 PM »

I can't understand the requirements for the second visit. Unless, of course, that the Senior Snadge is having TalkTalk's FTTC product installed?  :-\

(There never seems to be an eagle about, when one is wanted!  :P  )

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 05:58:57 PM »

nope no FTTC, theres none - TT are the only LLu in his exchange too

ive tried to ask talk talk on their forum as to why (in general) this happens ,, and ive got some tit/staff that refuses to comment becauses its not MY ACCOUNT Iam referring to...even though I have clearly stated I mean in general.. obvious signs of a "SCREW UP" and thats why they "refuse to talk about it"

they are also WRONG for just making appointments without contacting the customer to make sure they can be in for that day/time, they should of called him and said they need another engineer booked out, not just make an appointment anyway and TXT msg it out to the customer with threats of charges if not in for it!!

starting to L-O-A-T-H them already haha

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 06:46:54 PM »

O.k. I agree with your comments.  >:(

How do they know that Senior does not have a hospital appointment at the time of the first engineer's booked visit? They don't. It is shear arrogance they think that they can govern someone's life.

However once installed, assuming everything has been done correctly, the service should JustWork:-X

Blackeagle

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 07:06:27 PM »

nope no FTTC, theres none - TT are the only LLu in his exchange too

ive tried to ask talk talk on their forum as to why (in general) this happens ,, and ive got some tit/staff that refuses to comment becauses its not MY ACCOUNT Iam referring to...even though I have clearly stated I mean in general.. obvious signs of a "SCREW UP" and thats why they "refuse to talk about it"

they are also WRONG for just making appointments without contacting the customer to make sure they can be in for that day/time, they should of called him and said they need another engineer booked out, not just make an appointment anyway and TXT msg it out to the customer with threats of charges if not in for it!!

starting to L-O-A-T-H them already haha

Snadge, the staff member in question (as all official staff on TTMF) is not allowed to discuss details of your dad's account or order because this would be in breach of DPA.  OCE_Emma has indicated that she thinks this is unusual, but she would need your father to register in his own right and complete the required DPA checks (via private message) to be able to help further.

No obvious reason for the booking of two engineers springs to mind, other than that someone has got some 'crossed wires' somewhere in TT Towers.  In view of this, I would strongly advise that you get your dad to register so that the matter may be brought to a swift and satisfactory conclusion.
ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI -- TalkTalk Broadband since 2006

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 09:39:52 PM »

all sorted... it was a screw up - by my dad ... lol

he was here and I had a look at these "texts" and there werent any such texts like he told me... I dunno what goes through his head or what he was reading either..?? he said to me he got a few texts and one says 17th and other 18th... ??? he had a few texts but only one said about engineer on 18th which was correct?

the ONLY thing I can think of was that the 17th one wasnt a text he was referring to and I thought he meant that because he said it in same context while on about the texts, ...they write/jot everything down, we had tried to sign up a few times unsuccessfully the week before, but before it didnt work we wrote down the first engineer install date which was 17th...then it said it failed, we tried a week later (Sunday gone) and booked in the 18th and we got it working this time... I think he has kept the old bit of paper that he wrote everything down on the last time and told his GF to pencil in 17th in calender (which is odd because he would now have two bits of paper, one I assumed he threw away but mustn't of) and when he on about the texts he is actually reading calender date 17th and text date 18th... when I see him im gunna ask him about it again cos im almost certain he said "one text says...the other one says.."

anyway - my dad has just made me look a right numpty... i look like one anyway so... haha

my apologies  ???

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 09:45:16 PM »

No need for apologies Snadge .......... it erm, all erm, makes sense now.  ;D

Please don't explain what the Higgs-Bosun is mate.  :lol:

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 10:20:45 PM »

Ah, that is simple to explain. He's the sea-going cousin of the Higgs-Boson:P

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 09:06:52 AM »

No need for apologies Snadge .......... it erm, all erm, makes sense now.  ;D

i know im not the best at explaining things, its hard when you have a health issue that causes memory & concentration problems  ;D ???  ...at least thats my excuse

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 02:51:42 PM »

Don't worry,lad!

It can happen to even the best. ;D

anything