Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Graphing Scripts  (Read 14046 times)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Graphing Scripts
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 07:06:59 PM »

The first thing I can see is that your graph titles start with 27.0 instead of G.DMT or whatever is reported via your own router.

Could you post here or email me a modem_stats.log for comparison against the log produced by the working scripts?

Also, a Plink log would be very useful for comparison purposes.

I wonder if different router firmware versions report the data in slightly differing formats???

rhohne

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 07:11:53 PM »

As one can see, the downstream interleaving depth is 16 and it is getting that wrong. The upstream interleaving is 2 and it seems to get that wrong as well.

Based on your modem stats log provided above the graphs are correct if you are using the released graphpdADSL.bat. There appears to be a field missing from your stats. In your results the interleaving stats are in fields 45 and 46 and not thre expected 46 and 47.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 07:15:48 PM »

Attatched are the Zoom X7N "modem_stats.log" from my scripts and a Plink log from my scripts.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 07:57:14 PM »

Scripts now completely working. I just edited where the sync info comes from and waited a while.

Attached are the router stats and my (working) "getADSLstats.bat".
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 07:57:58 AM by arobertson545 »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 11:15:15 PM »

Scripts now completely working. I just edited where the sync info comes from and waited a while.

Could you try out the attached getADSLstats.BAT?

I have tested it using your Plink log for input data and also Graham's Plink log which reports SYNC differently.
It seems to work, correctly determining which format to use, but I obviously can't test it fully without a live ADSL connection.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 07:12:47 PM »

How do you make the upstream "Bits" data in green like on the Zoom X7N scripts? I would like to do it on the NETGEAR scripts.

Thank you.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2012, 09:03:29 PM »

How do you make the upstream "Bits" data in green like on the Zoom X7N scripts? I would like to do it on the NETGEAR scripts.

Thank you.

It already is:-

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,11216.msg218471.html#msg218471

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 08:18:57 PM »

Further to my last message, I have asked snadge if he would kindly upload the new Zoom X7N data harvesting scripts & amended "graphing" scripts that should work with any router as long as the data is in the same "Current" and "Ongoing" formats.

While I was at it, I added a little bit of visual prettification to the graphs:-
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 08:22:26 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2012, 12:43:00 PM »

I have been doing some tweaking of my own today. I have changed the "ADSLGRAPH" script to obtain and capture (as images) the uptime errors. I think this is better than before as one can errors now on a snapshot basis whereas before one would have to collect a few hours of data (with the ongoing stats scripts) to do the same thing.

I have attatched an image below showing the new images in the montage image.

If anybody would like a copy of my custom graphing script, please let me know.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2012, 05:52:52 PM »

I have changed the "ADSLGRAPH" script to obtain and capture (as images) the uptime errors. I think this is better than before as one can errors now on a snapshot basis whereas before one would have to collect a few hours of data (with the ongoing stats scripts) to do the same thing.

The data was already obtained via "adslctl info --stats" or  "adsl info --stats" in GetCurrentStats.BAT & stored in the time stamped Plink log.
It just wasn't all plotted/displayed.
Have you now duplicated it via ADSLGRAPH, which was originally intended for purely graphing/displaying the already obtained data?

I have attatched an image below showing the new images in the montage image.

If anybody would like a copy of my custom graphing script, please let me know.

I'd like a copy to see what you have amended.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 05:59:54 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 06:49:18 PM »

Basically, what I have done is this:

Code: [Select]
rem # Extract the uptime errors, etc. data.
grep -A 26 "Total time = " GDATA$$ > UptimeErrors.txt

expand UptimeErrors.txt > UptimeErrors2.txt

rem # Extract the uptime errors, etc. data.
grep -A 27 "Latest 1 day time = " GDATA$$ > UptimeErrors22.txt

So the script captures the uptime errors info in two seperate files (otherwise the image would be difficult to read).

Then, the script does this:

rem echo Converting UptimeErrors2.txt to stats..jpg
convert -size 640x550 -background white -fill black -font courier-new -pointsize 14 label:@UptimeErrors2.txt UptimeErrors-%DTSTAMP%.jpg

rem echo Converting UptimeErrors22.txt to stats..jpg
convert -size 640x550 -background white -fill black -font courier-new -pointsize 14 label:@UptimeErrors22.txt

So the two txt files are converted into image files.

I have modified the montage image code to put the two new images in the stats montage image as shown in my post above, that looks like this:

montage stats-%DTSTAMP%.jpg Counters-%DTSTAMP%.jpg UptimeErrors-%DTSTAMP%.jpg UptimeErrors2-%DTSTAMP%.jpg Bits-%DTSTAMP%.png QLN-%DTSTAMP%.png SNR-%DTSTAMP%.png Hlog-%DTSTAMP%.png -quality 100 -geometry 640x -bordercolor blue -border 2 -tile 2x4 line_stats-P-%DTSTAMP%.png
I haven't modified the other montage code (shown below) yet, but I will soon:

montage stats-%DTSTAMP%.jpg Bits-%DTSTAMP%.png QLN-%DTSTAMP%.png Counters-%DTSTAMP%.jpg SNR-%DTSTAMP%.png Hlog-%DTSTAMP%.png -quality 100 -geometry 640x -bordercolor blue -border 2 -tile 3x2 line_stats-L-%DTSTAMP%.png
It seems to work fine, I haven't encountered any issues thus far.

EDIT: I have now modified the second montage code, the generated image looks like the image attatched.

The code looks like this:

montage stats-%DTSTAMP%.jpg UptimeErrors-%DTSTAMP%.jpg Bits-%DTSTAMP%.png QLN-%DTSTAMP%.png Counters-%DTSTAMP%.jpg UptimeErrors2-%DTSTAMP%.jpg SNR-%DTSTAMP%.png Hlog-%DTSTAMP%.png -quality 100 -geometry 640x -bordercolor blue -border 2 -tile 4x2 line_stats-L-%DTSTAMP%.png
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 07:14:24 PM by arobertson545 »

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2012, 07:18:33 PM »

arobertson545's graphing scripts (based on snadge's scripts, originally made by Bald_Eagle1 and Burakkucat)

The latest version of the scripts can be downloaded here (you will need an unarchiver that can unarchive/open .7z files, e.g. 7-Zip).

How to Install

Drag the ADSL_Stats directory to your Local Disk (usually the C drive). Make sure it is in the root of this drive (e.g. in the same folder as Program Files).

How to Use

Taken from snadge's instructions becuase his instructions are excellent (edited because of the slightly different file names):
1. If you haven't already done so, install the ADSL_Stats into the root of your drive.
2. To get the Line Characteristics just run GET+GRAPH CURRENT STATS in the Scripts folder, the graphs will be output in the Current_Stats Folder.
3. To start logging of your Line Stats (every 1 minute) run START_LOGGING_24-7.BAT , follow the instructions, this runs a silent task that retrieves your router logs every 1 minute and stores them , to stop & delete the task run STOP_LOGGING_24-7.BAT
4. To Graph your router stats from the log thats being built up simply run GRAPH ONGOING STATS and follow the instructions, for example: you would enter 10 m for 10 minutes, 10 h for hours or 10 d for 10 days.. or just pressing enter without entering anything defaults to last 24 hours, the resulting graphs are output in Ongoing_Stats folder.

Changelog

1.1 (taken from snadge's 1.4 router graphing scripts)

Code added (found here) to work with Zoom X7N and NETGEAR routers (Zoom routers untested, works with NETGEAR DG834GT, similar NETGEAR routers are presumed to work)

1.0: Initial Release (taken from
snadge's 1.4 router graphing scripts)

Changes from snadge's orginal scripts:
1. "ADSLGRAPH" modified to capture errors in previous day, 15 minutes, etc. The images are called "UptimeErrors..." and "UptimeErrors2..." to get all the data. The images are also shown in the "line_stats-L..." and "line_stats-P" montage images.

2. GET CURRENT STATS.BAT renamed to GET+GRAPH CURRENT STATS (as it graphs as well as obtains stats), graphpdADSL.BAT renamed GRAPH ONGOING STATS (to make it clear exactly what it does).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 04:51:45 PM by arobertson545 »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2012, 07:22:33 PM »

Right, I can see what you have added now.

Apologies, I read your first message as though you had also duplicated the obtaining of the raw data directly from the modem/router in ADSLGRAPH.BAT, rather than obtaining it from the already obtained Plink log.

I agreee that it's useful to sometimes see such data when obtaining a snapshot.

I did also knock together the snapshot data scripts for a Huawei HG612 when used on ADSL connections if it's of any use to anyone (example output attached).

Again, I chose not to display all the data, but it is already included in the Plink log.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 07:26:27 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »
Pages: 1 [2]