Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT win 'live' football coverage rights.  (Read 1769 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
BT win 'live' football coverage rights.
« on: June 13, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »

BT have won the right to screen 38 live Premier League matches a year for three years, starting from August 2013.

The rights include 18 “first picks” (the games which broadcasters most want because they will attract the greatest interest from fans). That means BT have live rights to about half the best games, so for the first time consumers have a real choice of provider when it comes to watching these matches. BT have secured access to 38 live games, including the opening game of the season, which represents a quarter of the 154 matches to be shown each season.

BT will launch a new football-focused channel to carry the games. It will offer new interactive features when supplied over BT’s fibre network and we will look to distribute it on other platforms. Full details and pricing will be published in due course.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: BT win 'live' football coverage rights.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 01:52:48 AM »

I've looked at my telephone and have wondered exactly how Beatie will achieve that feat.

Perhaps by ministering chicken soup, just like any good Jewish mother?  :-X
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Re: BT win 'live' football coverage rights.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 07:36:56 AM »

You'd have thought BT would have sorted out the details and pricing before coughing up £738m mmmm?

I can see this one being a total disaster - if you're interested in football then you probably have Sky anyway, whether through a dish or via Sky Go on your BB connection. I can't see anyone other than the most dedicated football fan coughing up a second subscription, ESPN didn't make any money out of it and nor will BT. Worth noting that Sky have all the Sunday/Monday games anyway, which is where the money is.

anything