Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Why!?  (Read 2435 times)

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
Why!?
« on: June 12, 2012, 05:13:50 PM »

I restarted my modem today and I was syncing at 7360Kbps rather than 6816Kbps. I have never been able to sync faster than 7100Kbps on interleaved (like I am now) so why the speed increase? Nothing has changed in my setup.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Why!?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 06:19:38 PM »

Neighbours gone on holiday?    Mine did last week and I notice that my SNRM was exactly 0.5dB higher the whole time they were away.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

coolsnakeman

• Reg Member
    • IT Support Belfast
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 12:54:04 PM »

Maintenance done? Joint changed or something similiar perhaps which has put an increase in quality. Or like kitz said the neighbour is away sunning themselves off  :lol:

Gary

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 03:24:46 PM »

yeah as Gary says: possibly some maintenance done during the night giving you slightly better stats - is Line Attenuation and SNRM the same? if so then its sudden drop in noise conditions

if you had QLN and SNR graphs from before when you had 6800k and take them now at 7300k we would see the difference - if the SNR has increased in general then its likely quality of the line has changed, if you have noise spikes that dont look as bad or are gone then noise has been removed from the line by whatever means - I recall you had a load of radio stations eating into your line..perhaps they are turned off??
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

anything