Broadband Related > Broadband Technology

Signal attenuation Vs. Line attenuation

(1/4) > >>

kezzaman:
Hello,

Should i be concerned that my signal attenuation isnt equal to my line attenuation?  :-\

roseway:
As I understand it, line attenuation is a characteristic of the line, measured under specified conditions, but signal attenuation is the actual attenuation measured by the router, under the conditions existing at the time of measurement. So the former should be fixed, but the latter can vary as signal conditions change.

kezzaman:

--- Quote from: roseway on June 09, 2012, 03:31:23 PM ---As I understand it, line attenuation is a characteristic of the line, measured under specified conditions, but signal attenuation is the actual attenuation measured by the router, under the conditions existing at the time of measurement. So the former should be fixed, but the latter can vary as signal conditions change.

--- End quote ---

I dont understand ur answer  ???

roseway:
Sorry, I can't think of a simpler way of putting it. Perhaps someone else can do better. But the answer to the question you asked at the top is no, you needn't be concerned.

4candles:

--- Quote from: kezzaman on June 09, 2012, 02:56:11 PM ---Hello,

Should i be concerned that my signal attenuation isnt equal to my line attenuation?  :-\

--- End quote ---

I assume by 'signal attenuation' you mean the attenuation figure in your router stats.

What is the source of your 'line attenuation', and what are the two figures?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version