Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: My new wealth  (Read 5198 times)

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
My new wealth
« on: June 09, 2012, 11:42:06 AM »

I finally got my first iOS app uploaded last week.  Then after a nail-biting 8 days' waiting for Apple approval, it went on sale early morning UK time a couple of days ago.

I've just checked the sales figures for first two days and Geographic sales are very encouraging, spread across the globe from 7 different nations, from Kuwait to Canada.  Volumes sales may take more analysis, but in essence they add up to 17.  If this keeps up I could be a millionaire by somewhere towards the end of the 23rd century.   :lol:

- 7LM

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: My new wealth
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 12:00:10 PM »

Well done  ;D

Although now here comes the obvious question..  I know youve been developing an app(s) for a while...  but come on spill andgive us the details  :D
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 12:16:49 PM »

I actually quit work in 2010 with a few to 'getting into' apps, but couldn't find the motivation, so took up trail walking instead.  I think the trick was to wait until I'd forgotten enough about proper 'C' (sorry, Apple), then I was more receptive to the quirks of Apple's Objective C, and the XCode IDE, whereas my background was all command-line based (makefiles etc).

But it actually turned out to be a lot more than just learning the language and writing the App. There's marketing issues too, new webpages to be set up, and a robust support network is essential (that's why I felt the need to move al my mail over to google apps a few weeks ago).

But in answer to kitz's request.... I'm way too shy to identify the app.    :-[ Maybe once I'm rich.  I'll PM instead.   ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 01:21:30 AM by sevenlayermuddle »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 01:06:13 PM »

Congratulations on your sales volume. ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 07:08:34 AM by roseway »
  Eric

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 03:01:00 PM »

But I just got my first review, 5 stars and I genuinely have no idea who it's from :clap:
That's only visible in the Canadian App Store unfortunately, I wasn't aware that reviews are filtered by country of origin.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 08:58:44 AM by sevenlayermuddle »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 03:13:43 PM »

Well done 7LM........ :clap2:

Might give a whirl.......................................................................Once it becomes free  :D ( Well I am from Yorkshire )  ;D

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 03:36:04 PM »

Well done 7LM........ :clap2:

Might give a whirl.......................................................................Once it becomes free  :D ( Well I am from Yorkshire )  ;D

You're dead right.   One common formula is to follow up the paid app with a cut-down free version (with adverts) a few weeks later.   Not only does that generate another stream of drinking vouchers (from the iAds), but it can rekindle interest in the paid App.

I'm on it, and will PM you when it's available.  But there goes the rest of June, I guess.  Not much walking getting done this year...   :'(