Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Torch relay  (Read 2211 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Torch relay
« on: May 21, 2012, 06:29:04 PM »

Been watching the relay today online as my wife wanted to see N Devon where we often holiday. Apparently they are using 3G to transmit video and of course they lost it A LOT in N Devon particularly round Lynton and Lynmouth which was a complete blackout. You would have thought they would have known that there is very little if any signal round Lynton and none at all in Lynmouth. Very disappointing for anyone like us wanting to see it, and probably annoying for anyone from away with a relative or friend actually running in the relay itself!

Dread to think what 7 hours of watching online has done to my bandwidth for May  :no:

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Torch relay
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 07:09:56 PM »

>> Dread to think what 7 hours of watching online has done to my bandwidth for May

eke I bet this could be a problem for some... 
now you mention it - I dread to think what bandwidth I use as I stream to the APTV probably at least 2 hours per day - some nights much more!
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:59:18 AM »

Well I have just checked my TT bandwidth (it takes a couple of days to update) and it shows my 7 hours of the torch relay used about 5gb of bandwidth which is not as much as I expected. However it will mean that my monthly usage will just about double from some 6gb to 12gb (out of 40gb).

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 01:41:54 PM »

Have you seen the price's on Ebay for the torches  :'(
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 08:03:35 PM »

>>> 7 hours of the torch relay used about 5gb of bandwidth

I dont have any way of checking my bandwidth (Im on an unlimited package and ISP doesnt record it)... but based on that I probably consume about 60GB a month streaming to the ATV - eke!
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 08:52:21 AM »

I hope it will be well guarded when it arrives in Sheffield,anything that isn't nailed down has a scrap value  ;D

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 02:08:19 PM »

I hope it will be well guarded when it arrives in Sheffield,anything that isn't nailed down has a scrap value  ;D

So that's where all the Tram Tracks have gone. :lol:
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.