Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: blah  (Read 12752 times)

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
Re: blah
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2012, 10:08:41 AM »

Hello Kitz. Sorry to bump an old thread :).

How is the TG582N now? Did you get the cabling problem sorted?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2012, 12:09:42 PM »

The cabling problem was a local one - ie just needing me to thread some cat5e cable behind some built in furniture.  It was an easyish 2 man job, but one of those things impossible for one person to do on their own. 

The TG582N seems fine in itself and aside from the power cut yesterday had been connected for possibly a couple of months without dropping.   My main gripe with it is no SNMP..  and you have to use a separate gigabit switch.

I did run a DGN3500 for a short while, which has gigabit, but despite reference of SNMP in the manuals and tech specs.. for some reason its been disabled and no way of re-enabling it.  However my line seems to work better with broadcom chipsets and the inferon in the DGN3500 meant a lower sync than the TG582N. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013, 11:38:46 PM »

I remember the 585v6, was a very good slave staying synced through some serious noise bursts on my line with 6.1.4.3.

I still host those firmwares as well, since I got kinda angry speedtouch pulled them.
Pages: 1 2 [3]