Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT  (Read 2652 times)

williamuk

• Just arrived
BT
« on: May 16, 2012, 01:21:48 PM »

I have been informed of a Level 1 Modification to my Broadband connection.
Does anyone have any idea what this is?

SlowConnector

• The race is won by he who endures until the end
Re: BT
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 04:08:13 PM »

You have not provided enough information/context to enable the question to be answered.

One guesss is that level 1 refers to the physical layer of your broadband connection, i.e. whether you are going to switch from a broadband connection based on copper lines to a connection that uses fiber optical cable. Is this notification associated with your internet service provider offering new services to you?

If you provide some more information, this would help.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 04:11:50 PM by SlowConnector »

williamuk

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 01:06:02 PM »

Hi, Thanks for the reply.
This info was given by my ISP (orange) as I had experienced a broadband failure, apparently at my local exchange and a "lift and Shift" was carried out ( whatever that means) after a faulty connector repair failed to solve the problem. The lift and shift was carried out along with the "level 1 Modification. This ifo was given to orange by BT.

I am afraid that that is all the info I have. I just wondered what this entailed.

coolsnakeman

• Reg Member
    • IT Support Belfast
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 04:05:53 PM »

Hey,

I see your question wasn't answered. Sounds like this has been a tie pair modification which is the replacement on the tie pairs on your kit at the exchange. Lift and shift is you being lifted from 1 set of pairs to another its a "process of elimination" to repair your fault. If a lift and shift fails the next process is usually a tie pair modification which usually can take 1-3 working days to complete. Hope this helps.

Gary

williamuk

• Just arrived
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 11:31:24 AM »

Many thanks for the explanation.