Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: advice for plotting my own graphs  (Read 54045 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: advice for plotting my own graphs
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2012, 08:29:11 PM »

Just musing . . . With a "distinctive" QLN graph as that of rhohne, I wonder if Asbokid will apply his skills and tell us rhohne's location within the UK?  :P
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2012, 08:32:41 PM »

Just musing . . . With a "distinctive" QLN graph as that of rhohne, I wonder if Asbokid will apply his skills and tell us rhohne's location within the UK?  :P

he he he
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2012, 08:47:28 PM »

ok got it working on DGteam on my 834N :) :)

I entered

C:\ADSL_Stats\Apps

directly into the code instead of using %LOGIN_FOLDER% which didnt work with our without the code that set LOGIN_FOLDER as C:\ADSL_Stats\Apps

find my stats attached

thanks rhone , i now need to amend the other one

(I wonder if this was the problem all along? - gunna retry with non unix files)

answer: no, but thought it was gunna cos it got further ..ah well, at least we know how to get it working on DGTeam thanks to rhone

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= Plink log 2012.05.18 20:49:35 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

Login: adminpasswordadslctl info --Bits

Password:
adslctl info --linediag
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 08:51:06 PM by snadge »

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2012, 09:13:33 PM »

ok ive amended the getADSLstats.BAT to have the same login data and it works....but its only been running 5 minutes , if I enter anything a bit longer than its been running then I get fuzzy text where the time is - it did not do this before?

e.g. attached is graph when choosing 1 hour , if I leave it blank for 24 hours its fine?

other than that it works brilliantly - thanks again to Bald_Eagle and Rhone , now the scripts work on DGteam firmware which is great :) now I can leave my 834N in with DGTeam firmware installed and pull stats at click of a button...brilliant...if I had money I would donate!!

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2012, 09:21:46 PM »

ok got it working on DGteam on my 834N :) :)

I entered

C:\ADSL_Stats\Apps

directly into the code instead of using %LOGIN_FOLDER% which didnt work with our without the code that set LOGIN_FOLDER as C:\ADSL_Stats\Apps

find my stats attached

thanks rhone , i now need to amend the other one

(I wonder if this was the problem all along? - gunna retry with non unix files)

answer: no, but thought it was gunna cos it got further ..ah well, at least we know how to get it working on DGTeam thanks to rhone

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= Plink log 2012.05.18 20:49:35 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

Login: adminpasswordadslctl info --Bits

Password:
adslctl info --linediag

To make it easier for me, could you post the code that I need to change, or even better a new batch file?

Thank you.

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2012, 09:28:59 PM »

okily dokily do :)

find attached the files zipped

they have been set so that the new login files are in C:\ADSL_Stats\Apps so you must have in same C;\ drive and folder names and your setup is installed how Bald_Eagle explained (which it should be or it wouldnt work anyway)  ;D

1. in GET CURRENT STATS is the BAT file we used to graph the current stats, it was called ADSLStats.BAT but I changed it to GET CURRENT STATS.BAT just to make it easier to kow which one it was as I had 7 or 8 I think...

2. getADSLstats.BAT is the one that log the ongoing stats

3. in the apps.zip file are the new amended logins in UNIX format with admin/password as default logins, you must put these in the apps folder overwriting the ones there...assuming you use the default username & pass..

these work a charm on DGTeam fw :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:35:21 PM by snadge »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2012, 09:31:01 PM »

ok ive amended the getADSLstats.BAT to have the same login data and it works....but its only been running 5 minutes , if I enter anything a bit longer than its been running then I get fuzzy text where the time is - it did not do this before?

e.g. attached is graph when choosing 1 hour , if I leave it blank for 24 hours its fine?

If you would like to post or email your modem_stats.log, I'll have a look at what you mention.

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2012, 09:33:44 PM »

thanks BA

find it attached :)

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2012, 09:37:39 PM »

can I delete the contents of that log to start afresh if I wanted?

it seems to work ok now, think it just needed time to run continuing on from previous stats..  I will leave it running now :)

I wished I had some money to donate for your hard work... but Iam skint :(  cant say how much  I appreciate your efforts -THANK YOU!! and big thanks to rhone for sussing the DGTeam bit :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:40:15 PM by snadge »

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2012, 09:46:34 PM »

Not working :(. I think it is because I use different login details than the defaults. What do I need to change?

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2012, 10:01:54 PM »

can I delete the contents of that log to start afresh if I wanted?

it seems to work ok now, think it just needed time to run continuing on from previous stats..  I will leave it running now :)

I wished I had some money to donate for your hard work... but Iam skint :(  cant say how much  I appreciate your efforts -THANK YOU!! and big thanks to rhone for sussing the DGTeam bit :)

At the time you were trying to run 1 hour graphs (60 1 minute samples) you had a few hours gap in the log.
I think this caused the problem.

Yes deleting older data would work, or letting it run long enough to graph a suitable period as you have found will work.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2012, 10:10:07 PM »

This is the contents of my log:

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= Plink log 2012.05.18 22:09:46 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

login: adminPASSWORDBLANKEDOUTadslctl info --Bits
^@
Password:
adslctl info --linediag
^@
Login incorrect
 login: Password:
adslctl info --stats
^@
exit
^@
Login incorrect
 login: Password:
Login incorrect

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2012, 10:10:14 PM »

Not working :(. I think it is because I use different login details than the defaults. What do I need to change?

The login1.txt and login2txt files I have sent you, change the login1.txt to your login username and login2.txt to login password and CTRL+S to save, then put them in APPS folder overwriting ones in there, you must change the ones I sent you as they are UNIX versions which work with DGTeam fw... just to be sure, I have tried editing them ones in windows notepad then opening in notepad++ to check and they stay as UNIX versions :)  so will still work (I thought that perhaps saving them in windows notepad would revert them back to DOS but doesnt appear too)

asbokid

• Kitizen
    • Hacking the 2Wire
« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2012, 10:14:52 PM »

BBC Radio 5 AM is the worst offender (in every sense).  There's a Downing Street petition to have it shut down for its vile noise pollution.

Some 10 years ago, I was staying at my parents' house in the Black Country heartlands.

It was around 1am when a tremendous guttural rumbling came from the very bowels of the earth.  The walls literally shook. Books were falling from their shelves. All the cats were howling manically.  And my mother, still in her hair curlers, was stamping on the floor upstairs and bellowing down to me: "Wor am yam dewin kid?" (local dialect for STFU).

After much head scratching, it dawned on me that we were in the epicentre of an earthquake!

I flicked on the radio for urgent Government advice. Hush! The familiar voice of Edwina Currie soon came belching across the airwaves from the Pebble Mill studios in Brum.   Back then, Currie was tucked safely into the graveyard slot at Radio 5 to ensure that no one sane had to listen to her.

Currie's impassioned words to her anxious audience were  "My goodness!  Did the earth move for you, too?!"

*shudder!*

Ten years later, an horrific image still haunts me: Edwina Currie and boring John Major working late into the night on their Top Secret "earth-moving" exercises.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 06:07:14 AM by asbokid »

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2012, 10:15:37 PM »

Working perfectly now. Thanks snadge :) . Attatched are some sample graphs and stats. I am using the NETGEAR DGN2000 now and it shows QLN data.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14