Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: advice for plotting my own graphs  (Read 54015 times)

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
Re: advice for plotting my own graphs
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2012, 07:03:41 AM »

This does actually ring a bell. I am pretty sure that there is a quirk in the DGTeam Busybox login that requires a couple of seconds wait and it is difficult to get around. I don't belive the official firmware requires a username and password however. Would I need to remove the password line in that case?

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2012, 07:55:19 AM »

All working on the original firmware. It's annoying that it doesn't work on the DGTeam firmware because it is much more customisable!

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2012, 08:09:33 AM »

This does actually ring a bell. I am pretty sure that there is a quirk in the DGTeam Busybox login that requires a couple of seconds wait and it is difficult to get around. I don't belive the official firmware requires a username and password however. Would I need to remove the password line in that case?

Not sure what you are saying there.

If you are reverting to Netgear firmware, the latest batch file appears to work.

If you are sticking with DGTeam firmware it doesn't appear to work, even though Login & Password have been removed.

The attached version also has the redundant adsctl info --show removed.
If you do get it working, please post a log for me to test with the graphing script.
Yours is G.DMT & snadge's is ADSL2+, so all I will then need is a log from an ADSL2 connection for a full test.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2012, 08:15:04 AM »

All working on the original firmware. It's annoying that it doesn't work on the DGTeam firmware because it is much more customisable!

Graphs attached.

I see QLN is all zero data again.

I wonder if, for whatever reason, you need to run the script twice to make sure all the data is obtained?

I could build in a "dummy run" if needed.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2012, 08:24:47 AM »

What do you wish to customise?

It could possibly/probably be done via a series of very small batch files e.g. increasing/lowering SNR, forcing a particular DSL mode etc.

If you provided a list of all the available adslctl commands I could have a go at creating one or two of them as a starting point.

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2012, 12:59:11 PM »

is there no way to add a pause after logging in before querying the stats..?  i think thats what arobertson545 means , something up with the DGteam fw that requires a slight pause after logging in (perhaps) before asking for the stats, doing it too quick means it fails at login or something??  thats what it sounds like to me

find attached my log files from new BAT file

and...thanks very much for doing all this...really apperciate it :)
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2012, 01:49:39 PM »

is there no way to add a pause after logging in before querying the stats..?  i think thats what arobertson545 means , something up with the DGteam fw that requires a slight pause after logging in (perhaps) before asking for the stats, doing it too quick means it fails at login or something??  thats what it sounds like to me

Assuming DGTeam does the actual logging in, there are some places  to increase "waiting" time before any attempt is made to grab any stats.

From the latest batch file:-

rem ***** This one does NOT use any LOGIN FILES *****
(echo *1>CON & sleep 1^
 & echo **2>CON & sleep 1 & echo ***3>CON & sleep 1 & echo adslctl info --Bits & echo ****4>CON^
 & sleep 1 & echo adslctl info --linediag & echo *****5>CON & sleep 2^
 & echo adslctl info --stats & echo ******6>CON & sleep 1 & echo exit & echo *******7>CON & sleep 1^
 & echo ********8>CON  & sleep 2 & echo *********9>CON ) ^| Plink -telnet -P 23 192.168.0.1 >> %SUBFOLDER%%LOGFILENAME%

It might just need one long sleep right at the start, so you could try changing (echo *1>CON to (sleep 5 & echo *1>CON

Maybe try different values than 5 (whole numbers only) until it works (or doesn't work)

If that works, SOME of the other sleep commands can be removed, (but NOT all of them).

find attached my log files from new BAT file

Graphs attached again.
I see increases in speed & bit-loading & a decrease in SNR.
Have you forced that, or has DLM done it?

and...thanks very much for doing all this...really apperciate it :)

No problem. It has been "interesting" for me.

Can your email client accept executable files (within zip files)?
If so, I could simply email the graphing script to you, along with the "other" utilities to make them work, along with a simple instruction of where to extract them.

As these utilities just use the absolutely necessary parts of gnuplot, Imagemagick etc. any full versions of them could be uninstalled (unless they were useful for other things too).

If there is demand for it, I could (eventually - maybe) create a little setting up batch file for the above (just like I did for the HG612 on VDSL2 connections).

With quite a bit of effort, my other HG612 batch files (used for every minute 24/7 automated logging) could also be edited to suit ADSL connections for generating "ongoing" graphs - a bit similar to RouterStats.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:54:01 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2012, 02:10:07 PM »

yeah just email in a zip file if its easier :)

I will flash the GT back to DGteam 10180 23o and try it with the sleep 5 command and let you know if it works

thanks again

edit: oh and yes I changed the SNR Margin last night ...there was even more noise on my line late last night that caused a drop in speed by almost 1Mb :( bloody sick of this sky connection now like... ggrrrrrrr!!

edit2: is it possible to make the HLOG and QLN charts non-inverted of the SNR and BIT-LOADING..? i.e. red+white instead of White+red so they all match?, be great if possible? :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:27:14 PM by snadge »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2012, 03:24:25 PM »

It may take a bit of trial & error to get things working with the DGTeam firmware.
Problem is, I can't actually try anything to fix my errors  :P

See the attached for how I currently display my own VDSL2 QLN & Hlog data. Would that format be any use to you?

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2012, 03:36:49 PM »

Same data, plotted with "lines" instead of "boxes"
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 03:38:52 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2012, 04:32:26 PM »

ok I stuck in my 834N as its on DGteam1018 firmware using the pause 5 command and results were the same (login error)...so looks like Netgear FW only... I dont mind as my GT is now a spare and Iam using it as a "LINE TESTER" at customers houses hehe I can use DMT Tool to fire any advanced commands to it anyway.. so im happy enough, at least DMT Tool works with DGteam firmware and that will give me an idea if any of my line stats have changed on my 834N and then I can run GNUplot myself if there has been with the GT or 834N with Netgear firmware, or if I can manually copy & paste results into log files from DMT Tool telnet command results then even better..means I can still get results with my 834N on DGteam :)

I like them with the stats at the side and using lines instead of boxes :) (would of been better if they matched the SNR & BIT LOADING with red filled as values and white space above that, as before it was reverse of the what the SNR & BL was (white as the values and red as space above them))

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2012, 06:07:22 PM »

The infill of the colour was actually correct as BE initially showed it.  ::)  Why?

Here's my hint -- Take a look at the y-axis of those two graphs and the sign of the values being plotted.  ;)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2012, 07:43:20 PM »

The infill of the colour was actually correct as BE initially showed it.  ::)  Why?

Here's my hint -- Take a look at the y-axis of those two graphs and the sign of the values being plotted.  ;)

ahh yes I see hehe, thanks for pointing that out..still...woud be nice if the fill colours could reversed on those two to make it easier to compare

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2012, 07:56:00 PM »

I think what you are really saying is that it would be nice if the two graphs could be rotated through 180 degrees around the x-axis!  ;D
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2012, 08:24:20 PM »

Are you ready to let us make the graphs at our end yet?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14