Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: advice for plotting my own graphs  (Read 54190 times)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: advice for plotting my own graphs
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2012, 09:10:30 AM »

The script for graphing the Ongoing stats from modem_stats.log is attached.

Again, extract it to the Scripts folder & just double-click it.
You will be given the chance to specify how much to graph & the output will be stored in dated subfolders of Ongoing_Stats.

Compatible logs can also be dragged & dropped onto it, if required.

It is pretty much a test version, with lots of it disabled at the moment (needs quite a bit of rewriting to suit ADSL connections).
However, it will generate the 4 graphs I attached earlier.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2012, 09:43:06 AM »

There were no errors when starting "START_LOGGING_24-7". The data is successfully being added every minute, automatically to "modem_stats"

Just for curiosity, did you need to refer to the instructions for setting up 24/7 logging that I emailed to you, or did you find it self-explanatory anyway?

Also, which version of Windows are you using?

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2012, 01:11:33 PM »

I downloaded that file and installed it into the scripts folder, when i run it I get the following with no output, iam using windows 7 64-bit

.Please Enter the period to plot ===> 5 m

About to start plotting etc........

The graphs will be plotted using 5  samples covering the latest 5  minutes

Usage: graphpdADSL raw_data_file

log does NOT exist

Press any key to continue . . .

Completed!

Press any key to continue . . .
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2012, 01:15:18 PM »

Sounds like you don't have modem_stats.log gradually being updated in the Ongoing_Stats folder.

Have you actually started the logging via START_LOGGING_24-7.BAT?

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2012, 01:29:28 PM »

sorry, i didnt see previous posts on previous page... I have acquired and installed the files,

ive sussed it just by playing with it :)

it seems to work, the LOG24-7 bat file installs and activates a task schedule which retrieves the data every 1 minute , the GraphdADSL.Bat will create a graph of X mins/hours from that data...yes ..? if so, say it has 10 hours of data and I enter 1 hour to be graphed...is it the first hour or last hour thats graphed? how does that work exactly?

edit: i see it works back over.. so if i say 1 hour it will show the last one hour in a graph..

I like this better than Router Stats because its silent and the graphing is better - if it was say 10 days worth of stats would they still appear in one graph? or are multiple graphs output? (one for each day) - I would rather one graph

thanks
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 01:45:41 PM by snadge »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2012, 02:16:23 PM »

I like this better than Router Stats because its silent and the graphing is better - if it was say 10 days worth of stats would they still appear in one graph? or are multiple graphs output? (one for each day) - I would rather one graph

Yep, all in one set of graphs.
e.g. 84 days of my connection attached (not an especially pretty sight).

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2012, 03:01:23 PM »

works a charm  ;)

almost 2 hours in and no debug problems yet :)

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2012, 03:06:08 PM »

ok ive found a problem with it hehe

it does not close the cmd.exe or conhost.exe processes after its done

- i have 183 open processes lol...

rhohne

« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2012, 03:51:20 PM »

Didn't have any problem getting the scripts to work with DGTEAM, just needed to set the login.txt files to have unix style EOL.

Was wondering is there a copy of ADSLGRAPH.BAT available?

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2012, 04:07:26 PM »

Didn't have any problem getting the scripts to work with DGTEAM, just needed to set the login.txt files to have unix style EOL.

How do you do that?

I had to put them into text files for my VDSL2 scripts.
Maybe for ADSL they could be simply echoed directly to the Plink terminal & not actually stored in txt files at all?

e.g. (echo "admin" & sleep 1 & echo "admin" & sleep 1 & echo adslctl info --stats.................) ^| Plink -telnet -P 23 192.168.0.1 >> %SUBFOLDER%%LOGFILENAME%     & so on?

Was wondering is there a copy of ADSLGRAPH.BAT available?

The full set so far are now included in the attached zip file.

They may well be amended/updated at some stage to include some more "useful" data collection & graphs such as error counts etc.

The basics are more or less all still in the batch files just "remarked" out to disable them from the conversion from the VDSL2 scripts.

Some variable names would need changing such as my VDSL2 scripts has OHF & OHFErr whereas the ADSL equivalents are SF & SFErr etc.

Maybe someone could spend an hour or two finding & replacing & testing on a live connection etc??????????

« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:13:48 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2012, 04:37:50 PM »

ok ive found a problem with it hehe

it does not close the cmd.exe or conhost.exe processes after its done

- i have 183 open processes lol...

It opens them & closes them using my VDSL2 scripts. (CMD.EXE 2 instances & CONHOST.EXE 1 instance)
The harvesting process does take quite a few seconds though (a lot of the time it is sleeping, so doing nothing).

Have you watched Task Manager for a full minute to see if they do close at some stage during the minute?
They should do.

Are you convinced it is these scripts that are leaving them open, or is it posssible you have something else running at the same time?

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2012, 04:57:29 PM »

Some variable names would need changing such as my VDSL2 scripts has OHF & OHFErr whereas the ADSL equivalents are SF & SFErr etc.

Maybe someone could spend an hour or two finding & replacing & testing on a live connection etc??????????

I did actually have a go yesterday but I kept getting errors so I gave up. Could you give me a hand via TeamViewer or something similar?

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2012, 05:14:55 PM »

i will have to get back to you as tea is ready.. but its only started since running that task scheduler

arobertson545 - do you have multiples of conhost and cmd running? my process list is up to 188 with about 130 of those cmd.exe and conhost.exe , i have now disabled the task

be ace if we get scripts running on DGteam , im having to leave my 834GT in to run these as I want DGteam on the 834N

rhohne

« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2012, 05:15:30 PM »

The full set so far are now included in the attached zip file.
Thanks for the file.

How do you do that?

Notepad++ or a Dos2Unix utility are capable of converting the files from DOS to UNIX.

It was the CRLF verses LF problem. Remember I had to do a similar thing with my perl scripts as a CRLF EOL gave an additional blank line after displaying the results of the command. The CR would terminate the login name, however the remaining LF would be taken to be the password. Found that the EOL for the login sequence could be either CR or LF but not CRLF.

Attached are a copy of my stats

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2012, 05:26:04 PM »

I did actually have a go yesterday but I kept getting errors so I gave up. Could you give me a hand via TeamViewer or something similar?

Most of the relevant info is already harvested & stored in temporary variables already (just not added to modem_stats.log yet):-

rem ********** Info just for testing **********
echo.
echo.
echo                   URL = %URL%
echo               DTSTAMP = %DTSTAMP%
echo.
echo                  Mode = %MODE%
echo               Channel = %CHANNEL%
echo               Trellis = %TRELLIS%
echo           Line Status = %LINE_STATUS%
echo       Training Status = %TRAINING_STATUS%
echo          INTERLEAVING = %INTERLEAVING%
echo.
echo                  SNRM = %SNRM%
echo                  Attn = %ATTN%
echo          OUTPUT_POWER = %OUTPUT_POWER%
echo       Attainable Rate = %ATTAINABLE_RATE%
echo                  SYNC = %SYNC%
echo.
echo                    AS = %AS% (seconds)
echo                   UAS = %UAS% (seconds)
echo.
echo.
echo                    SF = %SF%
echo                 SFErr = %SFErr%
echo                    RS = %RS%
echo                RSCorr = %RSCorr%
echo              RSUnCorr = %RSUnCorr%
echo            HEC Errors = %HEC_ERRORS%

So, it's just a matter working out what has changed from one minute to the next for cumulative values such as RSUncorr.

The way my not partially disbled scripts work is that cumulative values are stored in the ongoing log file (modem_stats.log).

The next minute, the newly harvested cumulative value is compared against the cumulative value from the log file, any changes calculated, the new cumulative value is added to the log file & so is the value of the change.

e.g. if cumulative value last stored for RSUncorr was 1000, the new cumulative value is 1020, the increase is 20.
The new row being added to the log file would therefore include 1020 as cumulative & also 20 as error count in the last minute.

One minute intervals is the best that can be obtained with Task Scheduler.
It could all be done a completely different way, but personally I have no inclination to do that.
The downside is that within a one minute period anything could happen & my scripts might miss exactly when it happened.

My VDSL2 scripts do all that calculating etc. but as I'm not a programmer (far from it), it may not be the most efficient and/or elegant way to do it.
It works though & that's all I was interested in when I wrote the scripts.

What do you want to know & how can I try to help?
I presume TeamViewer is something similar to LogMeIn that I have used to monitor VDSL2 connections, where I could remotely see and/or operate the remote computer in real time?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

anything