Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DG834GV3 DGT FW Bricked?  (Read 2790 times)

superleeds27

• Just arrived
DG834GV3 DGT FW Bricked?
« on: May 02, 2012, 08:26:32 AM »

Right, heres the story!

Have a DG834G V3. So I downloaded the DG834G V3 Firmware of that site.

Flashed it using my Main PC, that uses Ethernet. (Via Netgear Upgrade page on the router) Upgrade didn't get interrupted, Normal box pops up, check the lights. A few of the lights where on so i pressed Ok.

Nothing then happened. I had the Power button lit up, and the 2 connected ethernet lights 1 & 2

Pc was saying limited connectivity, 192.168.0.1 wouldn't work. No internet nothing.

Left it for a while, nothing. Pulled the plug. Looked af it is was booting normally, the tick lit up then went off, then all 1-4 ethernets flashed. Then back to the power button lite and ports 1 &2 nothing else.

I Found the recovery utility.

Tried updating the router with Custom FW that way, but its still doing the same thing :S

Its definately the right FW etc.

Not sure why its not booting? or even allowing me to connect to the router interface

I have tried to use the recovery utility again, but the router doesn't enter Idle mode now. As soon as i release the Reset pin it starts to try and initialise.

Any ideas?

I have a DG834PN as backup and was thinking of flashing that, but darent now!

BritBrat

• Kitizen
Re: DG834GV3 DGT FW Bricked?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 08:58:14 AM »

Did you use Windows XP?

superleeds27

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 09:19:42 AM »

I did yes.

e9508686

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 02:56:46 PM »

Don't suppose you managed to fix this? I have just done exactly the same as you and have experienced exactly the same problem

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 01:17:14 PM »

It may be worth try the "timeout" approach I suggested in this post.  My posts offer a few options as I don't 100% remember the details. It has worked for me twice with versions of different DG834's.  Whether it works may depend on just how bricked it is!

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,11157.msg222196.html#msg222196

If it works I would start with the Netgear firmware and then go back to DGteam only via the recovery utility as that seems more reliable when it works.

anything