Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: REIN Interference, long history line issue. (FTTC)  (Read 87500 times)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: REIN Interference, long history line issue. (FTTC)
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2012, 01:06:46 PM »

The errors are just clocking up.

I often see many more errors than that over a similar time period.

What is unusual is that you seem to be achieving more from the 2nd band plan than the first band plan.

Asbokid has already suggested possible reasons.

Ongoing graphs of your connection over an extended period via the START_LOGGING_24-7.BAT script may be able to identify definite patterns regarding times and/or types of issues such as SNRM drops that might be able to be linked to events like REIN from a nearby neighbour's house etc.

The unusual spike in your Hlog graph may not have much (if any) impact as it occurs at the higher frequency band plan that isn't available for your connection when it re-syncs, unless it is that that actually stops you achieving anything.
I doubt it though as a spike in the Hlog graph actually means lower attenuation at those tones/frequencies.

JoshShep

• Reg Member
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2012, 07:15:39 PM »

Just though I might as well give this a try and may have come onto something.

Plugged a filter directly into the test socket, with only the modem connected SNRM is currently 5.8dB

As soon as I plug the phone in it drops to 5.6dB and then when I pick the phone up it drops as low as 5dB

Could also the faulty VDSL filter.

Any ideas guys? Also 0 errors are showing.

Edit: It's a wireless iDECT phone.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 07:38:18 PM by JoshShep »

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2012, 12:06:07 AM »

Hi JoshShep,

I suggest it would be worth trying the phone line with a standard corded phone after switching off the power to all the DECT phones.

Kind regards,
Walter

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2012, 02:13:11 PM »

@Josh,

Who is your ISP, please? And what do they say regarding your ridiculous throughput speed?
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

JoshShep

• Reg Member
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2012, 02:25:54 PM »

@Josh,

Who is your ISP, please? And what do they say regarding your ridiculous throughput speed?

It's TalkTalk mate, this is the update I got from them,

"Sooo, engineer did raise a REIN case which has been scheduled for engineer investigation tomorrow (pending any other more important jobs…).
It’s due a review on Wednesday so I’ll ring again Thursday to see what they think.
Obviously making the situation better will depend on OR finding and being allowed/able to fix the issue, but I’ll update on Wednesday when I’ve spoken to them".

Something is being done (I hope) I believe it has to be some sort of interference, It's just not acceptable. That or some major crosstalk. I should have an update before Friday.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2012, 03:36:57 PM »

Something is being done (I hope) I believe it has to be some sort of interference, It's just not acceptable. That or some major crosstalk. I should have an update before Friday.

Best of luck.  :fingers:

Please keep us updated.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

asbokid

• Kitizen
    • Hacking the 2Wire
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2012, 05:31:20 PM »

Do you still have the Huawei HG612?    What do its statistics indicate?

Crosstalk is usually identifiable from a graphical plot of the Quiet Line Noise (QLN) line data. 
The overall quality of your pair is captured by the Hlog graph (attenuation). 

cheers, a

JoshShep

• Reg Member
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2012, 08:27:16 AM »

Do you still have the Huawei HG612?    What do its statistics indicate?

Crosstalk is usually identifiable from a graphical plot of the Quiet Line Noise (QLN) line data. 
The overall quality of your pair is captured by the Hlog graph (attenuation). 

cheers, a

Yeah I do a, Just got a few new ones.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:37:38 AM by JoshShep »

JoshShep

• Reg Member
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2012, 08:39:29 AM »

JoshShep

• Reg Member
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2012, 08:43:51 AM »

If you take a look too, my SNRM has been sitting around 4.9, and it goes as low as 4 later on in the evening.

JoshShep

• Reg Member
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2012, 06:07:19 PM »

Sounds like there taking the pee, getting really frustrated to be honest, this is the reply I got.

"Just spoken to them and the engineer didn’t go out yesterday so the next update is going to be tomorrow Josh.
It’s a frustrating process because it’s best endeavour, OR have no requirement to find/fix REIN for us because it’s not them causing the problem!
I’ll chase again tomorrow and keep you updated".

I understand it isn't OP that are causing the issue but anyone can see when I have an attainable rate of around 37Mbps, and I'm receiving a capped rate of 30 due to errors on the line it isn't acceptable!

Is there anyone I could contact to try and get these issues sorted?

Would Ofcom be a possibility?

And any ideas why my SNRM is so low?

Thanks

asbokid

• Kitizen
    • Hacking the 2Wire
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2012, 06:44:11 PM »

Sounds like there taking the pee, getting really frustrated to be honest, this is the reply I got.

"Just spoken to them and the engineer didn’t go out yesterday so the next update is going to be tomorrow Josh.
It’s a frustrating process because it’s best endeavour, OR have no requirement to find/fix REIN for us because it’s not them causing the problem!
I’ll chase again tomorrow and keep you updated".

I understand it isn't OP that are causing the issue but anyone can see when I have an attainable rate of around 37Mbps, and I'm receiving a capped rate of 30 due to errors on the line it isn't acceptable!

Is there anyone I could contact to try and get these issues sorted?

Would Ofcom be a possibility?

And any ideas why my SNRM is so low?

Thanks

Do you know your loop length?  The graphs indicate high attenuation. The crosstalk from adjacent ADSL2 pairs only compounds the background noise (the trough shaped like a dental cavity).

That said, tones #512 - #859 have reasonable S/N ratios, and could be utilised in theory.  Yet we can see from the Bit Loading graphs that those tones are not used.  That lack of tone utilisation is due to the DLM algorithm running on the DSLAM control board.  At a guess it is tweaked to give you and your neighbours a fair bite of the cherry each.

Sorry, no answers.

cheers, a
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

anything