Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Problem when Laptop resumes from Hibernate  (Read 4382 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Problem when Laptop resumes from Hibernate
« on: February 10, 2012, 10:41:26 AM »

My laptop sometimes does not resume from Hibernate with its screen active on the desktop, I get a black screen. This is the new one running Windows 7. It's strange because while Windows is starting I get the main screen OK with the normal logo and saying Windows is resuming but then the screen goes black. If I plug in my external monitor without doing anything else the desktop is there exactly as it should be on the laptop screen. So far I have not been able to find anything, I have found suggestions on the net about making changes to the bios settings but these were for a desktop and the laptop does not have the relevant bios options. W7 is fully up to date as are the drivers for the video. In case it matters it's an Acer Aspire 5742. I should add that Sleep mode always works fine, only Hibernate exhibits this symptom.

Anyone have any ideas about this please?

Stuart
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 10:43:40 AM by broadstairs »
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

snadge

• Kitizen
Re: Problem when Laptop resumes from Hibernate
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 03:22:18 PM »

dunno if you resolved this but it seems the VGA output is set to MONITOR OUT - you need to change it back to laptop screen, some BIOS's have the options AUTO / INTERNAL SCREEN / EXTERNAL MONITOR - you should put it onto INTERNAL SCREEN (or similar option), or you can log in whilst using the external monitor and log into your graphics options and switch it back to internal screen
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73