Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: This year's Stella awards  (Read 3470 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
This year's Stella awards
« on: November 15, 2007, 12:26:19 PM »

"This year's runaway First Place Stella Award winner was Mrs. Merv Grazinski, of Oklahoma City , Oklahoma , who purchased a new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, from an OU football game, having driven on to the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set. The Oklahoma jury awarded her, are you sitting down, $1,750,000 PLUS a new motor home. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just in case Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a motor home."

http://www.jibjab.com/view/204521

Sometimes I'm rendered speechless!
  Eric

mr_chris

• Kitizen
Re: This year's Stella awards
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 12:31:06 PM »

Oklahoma jury awarded her, are you sitting down, $1,750,000 PLUS a new motor home

Words fail me :no:
Chris

Pwiggler

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 12:55:45 PM »

yeah i've heard that 1 b4 ..... how increadibly and absolutely stupid can some people be??

u can just imagine her getting onto the freeway, going about 70ish, presses the cruise control and mutters 'ahh thats that <rubs hands together> time for a sarny' then gets up !!!
Paul

Accordion

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 05:57:15 PM »

I've seen that before. Don't who's the most stupid. The jury, the judge, the lawyer that took the case or the woman in the first place. Come to think of it, Winnebago must be pretty stupid to accept the verdict.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 01:57:43 AM »

jeeze - unbelievable.

I cant beleive that she was actually awarded that - TBH surely something like that would be common- sense.

Ermm what ever next?  She gonna sue em if she took her eyes off the road whilst RTFM?  - or do they have to also put a disclaimer in the manual stating warning do not read whilst driving.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 02:05:17 PM »

Ah... good idea, I might try that one... ;)
Chris

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 04:48:52 PM »

oh my god....
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

anything