Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Migration fiasco - BT to Tesco Broadband and Home Phone  (Read 9543 times)

camallison

• Kitizen
Migration fiasco - BT to Tesco Broadband and Home Phone
« on: March 30, 2012, 09:15:04 AM »

Before I start, please no quips about the sense in migrating to Tesco, I am just looking for help in the current situation.

Anyway, here goes:

Email from me to Tesco Broadband CEO (I think I got his email address correct)

I am contacting you out of sheer frustration at the total shambles that has ensued in connecting my housebound (registered disabled) sister to Tesco Broadband and Home Phone.  The saga so far is detailed below:

a.  She previously had a 0.5Meg broadband connection and BT line;

b.  Then she ordered your package that is Tesco (for her) 2.5Meg broadband and home phone with free calls package;

c.  She was given a go-live date of Wednesday, 28th March;

d.  Sure enough, her phone line was disconnected early during the morning of Wednesday, 28th March;

e.  Now, after several (premium) calls on her Tesco PAYG mobile phone to your call centre she is still disconnected, for 48 hours and counting without any way of calling for assistance other than on her (expensive) mobile;

f.  Add to this that she cannot file DWP and HMRC returns that are now due online, nor place her online Tesco grocery order - her alternative is to pay carers £9/hour to shop for her;

g.  Your call centre seems to have no way of escalating this situation - only to say that they can see from their screen that the service isn't yet live - as we know without their assistance.  Two call centre assistants who have tried to help are Alex and Anthony who sound just as frustrated as us.

So, having so far spent £20 in mobile calls and carer costs, she is no further forward.

In anticipation of a speedy solution, no matter whether this is BT Openreach's or Tesco's fault, .......

Any suggestions as to how we can escalate this further?  Any magic email addresses or phone numbers?

Colin

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Migration fiasco - BT to Tesco Broadband and Home Phone
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 11:31:06 AM »

Sounds an awful and frustrating situation you're in there, Colin.

If the service is "Not yet live", this is terminology commonly applied to the fact the 'port' has not been switched on. Obviously, Openreach Frames Engineers will have had to run jumper-wires to reconnect your sister to the new ISP's equipment, but if there is no juice to go down it ??!!

You could try Openreach (doubt they'll entertain you though, as your 'contract' is with Tesco), to enquire as to whether the 'Frames Activity' has been 'Commed off' on CSS. Don't worry about the acronyms, they'll know exactly what they mean. This basically ensures Openreach have been allocated, and have fulfilled their, task obligation. In laymans terms, the wires have been run to the correct equipment.

My only fear, if it isn't down to the fact the port hasn't been switched on, is that your sisters line has been allocated a complete new routing from the Exchange to the DP.  It used to happen extremely regularly, but not so much these days.

Going from the terminology used though, it sounds like a port issue, on the face of it.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 12:26:18 PM »

Thanks BS - I was ahead of you and contacted OR (using my own terminology  ;)  ), to be told that I cannot have details/info, only Tesco can.  So, back to where I started, and no response so far from Tesco Telecom CEO.

Colin

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 12:57:43 PM »

YAY  :thumbs: - the line just went live, some 52 hours after being disconnected!  Now off to raise hell again with Tesco (the service provider) and get some recognition of the sheer hell she has been through - regardless of whose fault.

Colin

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 01:20:53 PM »

YAY  :thumbs: - the line just went live, some 52 hours after being disconnected!  Now off to raise hell again with Tesco (the service provider) and get some recognition of the sheer hell she has been through - regardless of whose fault.

Colin

:clap2:

Now give 'em hell Colin (Remember you're from Yorkshire)  ;)  ;D

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 02:27:11 PM »

Colin

:clap2:

Now give 'em hell Colin (Remember you're from Yorkshire)  ;)  ;D

Don't need the reminder Unky  ;)

I gave them hell during the last hour and significant compensation goodies have been given.  How dare they mess with my little sister!

Colin

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 03:00:06 PM »

Good on yer Colin  :thumbs:

(I might need your old mate soon as we are thinking of going back to Scottish Power)   ;)  ;D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 03:17:43 PM »

Well done Colin :clap2:
  Eric

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 03:44:16 PM »

Good on yer Colin  :thumbs:

(I might need your old mate soon as we are thinking of going back to Scottish Power)   ;)  ;D

He left Scottish Power about 6 months after your "problem"!  Nothing to do with that problem though  ;) .  He is now, in order of start date:

Chairman,Energy & Natural Resources Advisory Board at KPMG
    Non Executive Board Member at Go-Ahead
    Non Executive Board Member at Royal Mail,

So we know who to shout at regarding the postal service!   :lol:

Most CEOs email addresses can be found at http://www.ceoemail.com/ though.  If you send an escalation to them personally, then they are obliged by their CSR to personally ensure that the point is settled.

Colin

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 03:49:38 PM »

Thanks Colin(sorry to hijack your thread) :)

It hasn't come to thay yet,we will see what Monday brings. ;)

By the way,I'm thinking of offering you the job as my personal advisor (will have to look under the carpet to see what remuneration package I can offer you)  ;)  :lol:

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 04:56:00 PM »

>> By the way,I'm thinking of offering you the job as my personal advisor (will have to look under the carpet to see what remuneration package I can offer you)

The odd 10p that you seem to have floating around?   ;)  You will note from my sig that I can no longer imbibe golden medicine, and to be honest, diet cokes are just gassy flavoured water  :'(

I always feel that, if the knowledge is available, why not share it.  The world would be a lot better place without all the grabbers around and a bit more help and share.  Just spent a happy couple of hours "assisting" a chap two doors down with setting up a PC that had developed a mind of its own.  At the end of it all, he offered me £50 beer money!  In my good Yorkshire, I said, "EEEH,don't be daft lad, thar's probably got some skills I'll need in the coming year, and I can't afford £50 beer money".   :blush:

He saw my point and proceeded to cut our (overgrown) lawn for us.  That's neighbourliness.

Colin

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 06:00:36 PM »

:doh: :no:  HOLD THE CHAMPAGNE AND CELEBRATIONS!

My sister has broadband connected, but NO phone!  Mr Fogg, Tesco Telecom CEO is about to get a recorded delivery letter on Monday.  Their performance is absolutely disgraceful - now they are saying that Cable & Wireless are not responding to their escalation calls.

Brewery celebrations and not being able to organise them comes to mind.

>:( >:( >:( >:(  >:( Colin >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 06:03:07 PM by camallison »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 06:19:58 PM »

:wall:  :no:  >:(

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 06:26:11 PM »

Boy am I angry!!!!!!!  Press conference also being set up for Monday afternoon with, first local papers and then a syndicated journalist who contributes to the nationals.  Done it before with a big company and willing to do it again.  Phone calls made and promises are coming in via email - most have said yes and we will do it via Skype to save everyone travelling.

Colin

camallison

• Kitizen
Re: Migration fiasco - BT to Tesco Broadband and Home Phone SOLVED!!!!
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 08:00:40 PM »

YAY AND THRICE YAY, finally connected, both broadband and voice.  We sent an email to the broadband support team at Tesco and within only a couple of minutes, an engineer phoned her on her mobile to hear what the problem was.  He said he knew what had happened and would call back within 10 minutes.  True to his word, he called back, this time on the landline!  So, she has been disconnected for 59 hours with a call centre that just sits at screens repeating what is on the screen.  Speak to proper support and a solution in less than 10 minutes.

Yet again, numpties in ivory towers bring a company a bad name when the true engineering team can solve things in minutes.  Too many non-productive in-betweens.

BREAK OUT THE CHAMPAGNE AGAIN

BTW - no response from their CEO - seems he must have gone off for the weekend yesterday?

Colin
Pages: [1] 2