Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Virgin Media.....I love them  (Read 5705 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Virgin Media.....I love them
« on: January 14, 2012, 08:36:36 AM »

I am on Virgin National adsl.....for my sins.........and sync at about 8Mbs, the best possible on my exchange and there is not an FTTC cabinet for miles around.

I have received an email from Virgin timed at 19.54 hours on 13/01/2012 which reads as follows.....

"  Good news - we're giving you even faster broadband, for less.

You're already getting the UK's fastest widely available broadband, and starting this summer we'll be starting the roll-out to boost your speeds from up to 100Mb to up to 120Mb. We'll also be lowering the price of your broadband package in April to match the price of our 50Mb Broadband XXL packages.

These are nice extras we do to make you smile. We call them Virgin Media tickles, and we only give them to people we know and like - our customers.

Our ongoing commitment to offering the UK's fastest broadband.

Virgin Media offers the fastest broadband speeds in the UK*, as proven by Ofcom for three years in a row. And we're committed to keeping it this way. Which is why we're upgrading our award winning fibre optic network over the next 18 months.

As part of this upgrade, you may have seen we'll be doubling many of our customers' broadband speeds. But, because you already get our fastest broadband, we're upgrading you to up to 120Mb and giving you a discount instead.

So whether you love streaming HD movies, ruling the gaming world or downloading tunes in super quick time - you'll soon be able to do it even faster and for less.

You don't have to lift a finger.

The 120Mb upgrade kick off in the summer and will have a slightly different roll-out schedule to our other work. We'll let you know nearer the time when to expect your broadband speed boost. In the meantime, see what you can do with faster speeds at virginmedia.com/evenfaster.

We'll be in touch in a few weeks with more details about your price reduction, so there's no need to call us, or do a thing – except keep enjoying what is already the UK's fastest broadband. "

I then received a further enail from Virgin Media times at 23.14 hours on 13/01/2012 which reads as follows...

"Hello there,

Oops! That last email, 100Mb Broadband Announcement, was sent in error.

Please ignore this, and rest assured current Virgin Media Cable Broadband customers will be receiving some good news about their broadband in the next 2 weeks. We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Don't you just love them ? ....... :-X 

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: Virgin Media.....I love them
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 09:47:45 AM »

Shouldn't this be in the jokes section?
Honestly I would have great fun writing emails to Virgin Media, as I'm sure you are more than capable of doing if you had the mind to.
What it does show is how out of touch with their customers they really are. Kind of like some people in that other body of responsible people. I think it's called Parliament.

Have fun TD. Who knows they may just surprise you and install fibre to the premises for you. :-\
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 10:01:30 AM »

:-X

And not even April 1st yet  ;D

We often get marketing mail from VM telling us how wonderful their ultra fast BB is..it would be if we could get it  :-X

Think of how many of these mailing shots go to people in non cable areas

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 10:10:46 AM »

>>> These are nice extras we do to make you smile. We call them Virgin Media tickles,...

Er, yes indeed. ;D
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 10:49:38 AM »

>>> These are nice extras we do to make you smile. We call them Virgin Media tickles,...

Er, yes indeed. ;D

We have things to 'tickle' you up here......they are called baseball bats. :D

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 10:58:10 AM »

Hi Uncy,

However as one who seems to be paying an extortionate amount for an admittedly, far better service, I'd rather be tickled with a £10 drop in my monthly bill than be reamed by the other lot, even if they decided to enable my PCP  !

K R
Walter

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 05:31:29 PM »

:-X

And not even April 1st yet  ;D

We often get marketing mail from VM telling us how wonderful their ultra fast BB is..it would be if we could get it  :-X

Think of how many of these mailing shots go to people in non cable areas

They are occasionally delivered to "The Cattery" (addressed to "The Occupant"). Needless to say, there is no VM cable in my area!  :no:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 08:36:46 PM »

Please ignore this, and rest assured current Virgin Media Cable Broadband customers will be receiving some good news about their broadband in the next 2 weeks.

Even the apology email sounds wrong and seemingly implies that you are on cable rather than dsl.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 09:10:50 AM »

Please ignore this, and rest assured current Virgin Media Cable Broadband customers will be receiving some good news about their broadband in the next 2 weeks.

Even the apology email sounds wrong and seemingly implies that you are on cable rather than dsl.

Only for two more weeks.  :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 02:40:32 PM »

Only for two more weeks.  :)

hahaha..  Im sure td and the thousands of other virgin adsl users will appreciate that :lol:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 05:48:33 PM »

I know of other people who have also received the same email, in my opinion it's just another marketing ploy to remind people of the faster connection speeds.

However if you go to the VM website you can now check the date when your broadband connection is going to be "DOUBLED".
But anyone who is already on the 100 mb is only going to get an extra 20 mb plus "a bit" of their bill.

Mine is due in July, the only trouble is, they don't say in which year, and at a rough guess I would assume seeing as they say it could take up-to 18 months to roll out it will be July 2013.
(Based on the fact of being last on the list on the previous upgrade connections)

anything