Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Firefox update  (Read 9903 times)

Oranged

• Reg Member
    • The Mobile Help Forum
Re: Firefox update
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 06:48:19 PM »

http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/ 

Interesting to see that their share is falling month by month too.  I gave up using Firefox as it had constant issues and updates and above all needs NoScript etc. to keep the browser safe.

I think most software companies announce their own security advices. I thought you meant 3rd parties identifying security weaknesses that Mozilla were not aware of.

I would expect their market share to fall because Chrome is a good competitor.

I don't use NoScript, tried it and didn't like it. Currently I use AdBlock Plus+Element Hiding Helper, BetterPrivacy, BlockSite, Flashblock and Ghostery.

My test for effectiveness of that lot is the infamous DigitalSpy forum....nothing gets through.

AdrianH

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 06:56:25 PM »

http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/ 

Interesting to see that their share is falling month by month too.  I gave up using Firefox as it had constant issues and updates and above all needs NoScript etc. to keep the browser safe.

I think most software companies announce their own security advices. I thought you meant 3rd parties identifying security weaknesses that Mozilla were not aware of.

I would expect their market share to fall because Chrome is a good competitor.

I don't use NoScript, tried it and didn't like it. Currently I use AdBlock Plus+Element Hiding Helper, BetterPrivacy, BlockSite, Flashblock and Ghostery.

My test for effectiveness of that lot is the infamous DigitalSpy forum....nothing gets through.

I use Opera , need none of those things added and Digital Spy doesn't bother me.  3rd parties have found issues in Mozilla in the past and not long back there were 3 updates in a week due to "issues"  . For me Firefox has lost its way, it was great as an alternative browser when it was first around but the more they mess with it the more I dislike it.

Oranged

• Reg Member
    • The Mobile Help Forum
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 07:11:07 PM »

For me Firefox has lost its way, it was great as an alternative browser when it was first around but the more they mess with it the more I dislike it.

As with most products, every consumer has their favourite until something more attractive comes along.

I thought that might be Chrome but I didn't like it so reverted to Firefox which is probably the best browser I've used.

I'll give Opera a test drive and let you know what I think ! 

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 01:16:22 AM »

I've mentioned before that I like the old FF that I know and love and works with all my addons. This mania of Mozilla for bringing out new versions so often is extremely irritating. I think it is justified on security grounds but that doesn't really explain why only yesterday I got an update to my FF 3.6 to 3.6.28. I still like FF and long may they continue to update my version.
Tony
Pages: 1 [2]