Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: plusnet, unable to access  (Read 14563 times)

julie

plusnet, unable to access
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2006, 09:55:03 AM »

hi, just a quick update.
I had a few probs yesterday staying on the internet, I would lose the connection, power everything down, wait and then switch on again and I had a connection.  This happened 2 or 3 times.  At the moment I'm just keeping an eye on the situation.
Incidentally, there's an interesting article on broadband in today's Sunday Times (on line in the Doors section), interesting reading.

Astral

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2006, 10:05:41 AM »

If it was late last night, it was a fault on BT network. I managed to raise a ticket & that was the reply. Seems to be OK now.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 10:16:01 AM »

You shouldn't need to switch the router off when the connection drops. With most routers it will just reconnect automatically. Some routers (e.g. Belkin) re-sync but don't reconnect with the ISP, so you have to go into the web interface and click the Connect button. What model is yours?

Your connection may settle down after a few days. If it's unstable the exchange equipment may set your target noise margin a notch higher to give you a slightly lower connection speed with better stability. If this doesn't happen after a few days, it might be worth asking PlusNet to initiate this manually.

And don't forget soms' suggestions for connecting directly to the master socket.

Eric
  Eric

julie

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 05:47:32 PM »

no it wasn't late last night Astral, (I was dreaming of perfect connections) and Roseway my router is Netgear 834G.  re connecting to the master socket, do I use the normal plug (the one I run from the router to the filter?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 07:01:09 PM »

The easiest way to connect to the master socket is to plug an ADSL filter into it, and the router lead into that, just like you do with a normal socket.

Eric
  Eric
Pages: 1 [2]

anything