Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Alert from Norton's  (Read 1875 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Alert from Norton's
« on: March 01, 2012, 09:37:02 PM »

Hi again,

Not yet downloaded new Norton's as I have 40 days to run before subs run out.  I started lappy up tonight and it came up Windows could not start properly (had this before and that's when I had probs with Norton's).  Anyway rather than start up in recommended mode because last time I did that it messed up...I just started Windows (Win 7).  Came up ok I then looked at Norton's history and several alerts on it at time all in similar vein and this was the last one.  Can anyone tell me what it means please?

Category: Firewall - Network and Connections
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,Category
01/03/2012 21:14,Info,"IP address has disappeared from adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface and is no longer being protected (IP address: ).",Detected,No Action Required,Firewall - Network and Connections

Note:  I removed the above IP address when posting on here but if you need it please ask.

I've seen this alert before, done Norton's scan and it's ok.  Also Malwarebytes too but not done it tonight so far.  I would appreciate any help please.  Many thanks.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

AdrianH

Re: Alert from Norton's
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 05:27:21 AM »

I wouldn't worry about that Chrissie, it sounds like the IP address went missing but as it says, "detected" " no action required".
If you cannot access the internet try a reboot before doing anything else. Some of theses firewall warnings could worry you to death but they are just informational stuff. Avast now tells me in the firewall log thatg it has detected my network and changed its state to "Low Risk Home Connnection" every time I boot up. Being that those are the settings I have applied anyway it should be doing just that, but we this "change" is logged every time.

If you have any internet access issues we can reset the connections which should deal with the problem.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Re: Alert from Norton's
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 11:51:59 PM »

Thanks for that Adrian, I did wonder if it was ok after seeing no action needed.  I will have to download updated version and renew subs as Norton's is playing up.  Also the laptop tonight jammed up and it came up with something like high usage from BING!  Don't know what I can do about that, wish I could get rid of lots of bloatware on this lappy but haven't a clue lol. 

Thanks again for your help.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

anything