Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: What a Cheek - Solar panel junk mail  (Read 1052 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
What a Cheek - Solar panel junk mail
« on: March 03, 2012, 12:15:23 PM »

I got one of those cards from the royal mail where it says theres a parcel/letter for you, but due to insufficient postage I had to pay 58p plus a £1 admin fee.

Cause its my birfday, I was thinking perhaps it was a card that was just a bit too big, so I trundles down to the Post Office to pick up what ever it is and pay my £1.58.

The lady comes back and hands over one of those large white envelopes with the see through address, kinda like what you'll get insurance documents in.   So I looks and just through the clear window bit I can see its a company offering me solar panels complete with what feels like a brochure.

What a cheek, a company is sending out marketing blurb trying to get me to take up solar panels but want me to pay £1.58 postage for the privilege of their junk mail. >:(

The lady at the post office said I didnt have to accept it.  Too damn right, I am not going to pay to put it in the bin, so I left it there.   I just wish I could have seen the name of the company that sent it.

btw Im registered with the MPS so they shouldnt be sending me stuff in the first place.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: What a Cheek - Solar panel junk mail
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 12:23:51 PM »

That is very naughty  >:(

I wonder how many of those were sent out,and how many people have wasted time,and petrol finding out what it was.

anything