Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: System Update Readiness Tool (Windows)  (Read 25519 times)

AdrianH

System Update Readiness Tool (Windows)
« on: March 01, 2012, 06:54:14 AM »

http://www.ntcompatible.com/news/story/system_update_readiness_tool_february_2012.html

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/search.aspx?q=System%20Update%20Readiness%20Tool

This tool is being offered because an inconsistency was found in the Windows servicing store which may prevent the successful installation of future updates, service packs, and software.
This tool was created to assist with Windows Updates,  ever been bothered by updates that fail to install or are installed but Windows tells you to download and install again and again? This is what you need to cure these issues..

smurfuk

Re: System Update Readiness Tool (Windows)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 07:32:14 AM »

I tried this tool, but unfortunately on my Vista laptop where a few updates would always not install, now all of them fail. I will be patient and see if any future attempts are successful as I run autoupdate. It's the least of my concerns, frankly.

AdrianH

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 07:38:35 AM »

I had Vista on a PC here for a while and often had major issues with Windows Updates, I dumped Vista for Win7 and have found it to be excellent. I hope you find a solution soon.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 09:05:04 AM »

I must have been lucky then because in 5 years on my Vista desk top I have only had 2 failed updates...1 for Microsoft Works and 1 for Microsoft Live essentials

I have updates to auto download and let me decide which to install

AdrianH

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 09:30:48 AM »

I must have been lucky then because in 5 years on my Vista desk top I have only had 2 failed updates...1 for Microsoft Works and 1 for Microsoft Live essentials

I have updates to auto download and let me decide which to install

Indeed, it is a mystery to me, some folk have had hell with Vista, others have seen no issues at all. I tried a total reformat and install of all new drivers and updates and still had continual problems. Put Win7 on the same machine and it is perfect.
A friend has two Vista laptops, same make and spec, his wifes is fine , his drives him crazy.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 09:54:53 AM by AdrianH »

anything