Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Poorly Zac  (Read 23418 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Poorly Zac
« on: February 15, 2012, 11:42:07 AM »

Not sure what to do with myself atm as Ive had to rush Zac to the vets this am.

I was having a safety visit from a fire officer who was testing my smoke alarms and fitted a new one.  Zac shot out of the room and went dashing into the kitchen.  Five mins later we heard a huge crash from the kitchen and Zac is on top of the kitchen cupboards having some sort of weird seizure.   Managed to get him down but he couldnt do anything aside from shake his head from side to side and his eyes were rolling.

Rushed him to the vets.. and hes still fitting as I left him there, as hes not a well boy. My poor baba :cries:

Well I suppose that was different for the fire officer - abrupt termination of visit due to cat flipping out.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Poorly Zac
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 11:45:46 AM »

Oh No !!!!  :(

Poor boy,hope he is going to be ok Kitz    :fingers:  :flower:

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 11:50:09 AM »

Oh how horrendous for you and dear Zac...worst part waiting to hear news and how he is...I so much hope all goes well Kitz and he makes a full recovery and is soon back home with you.  xx

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 11:55:44 AM »

Oh dear, poor Zac. :(

I really hope he's OK. :flower:
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 12:19:21 PM »

I think the worst part was leaving him there.  Even though his eyes were still rolling, he was trying to cling on to me.   Have to wait now for a phone call before I know more. 

Its likely either hes hurt himself jumping up on top of the cupboards and is concussed.. or the new smoke alarm has triggered epilepsy.  Its a long time to be having a fit for though? 

Im just on tenterhooks till I get the phone call from the vets.. the waiting is horrible... hence me not knowing what to do with myself atm.
*Giving Ziggy some cuddles*
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 12:49:22 PM »

I'm so sorry to read this.

I do hope that Zac is ok.  :flower:

Just out of interest.......would that have been the first time that Zac has experienced the smoke alarm sounding off ?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:54:35 PM by tuftedduck »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 01:20:24 PM »

Vet has just rang..  he came out of the seizure about half an hour ago and is now slowly coming round, although a bit dazed but quite a lot better than when I took him in.
They want to run some tests on him which Ive just given permission for them to do.  Should have results by about 2.30pm.

>> would that have been the first time that Zac has experienced the smoke alarm sounding off ?

I have one smoke alarm that placed at the top of the landing.. he's heard that several times before.  In fact I tested it just a couple of weeks ago when I put a new battery in.

However the fire officer installed an additional alarm in my lounge this morning - its a new one and its VERY loud and high pitched.. it made me jump and I'd joked that there would be no chance of anyone not hearing it.  This is when both cats fled out of the room. - Ziggy went flying out of the cat flap.. and when Zacs scared or he wants some peace from Ziggy (Ziggy still cant jump) Zac seeks refuge on top of the unit which houses the boiler.  Theres a space of about 10" between the ceiling and top of all the units.  He was actually on top of the corner cupboard unit on the other side though when we found him.
-----

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 01:29:11 PM »

Sounds as if he has suffered an extreme panic attack due to the volume of the device going off, and has fled to a place of safety.

Possibly the new alarm is set at such  a pitch as to set off seizures........cats can be very highly strung.

Glad to see that he is improving......hope the vets. can achieve complete normalisation. :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 01:38:06 PM »

Its one of these
THERMOPTEK ST-620 that the Fire Service fitted.
Will let you know when I get his results.

-----

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 01:48:46 PM »

Oh dear Kitz, I've just switched the PC on and read your post.
I too hope Zac is going to be OK.
It quite possibly was the smoke alarm. They can give off sounds that we humans can't hear.
Also if it is so loud then it would have given them quite a shock. Cats have extremely sensitive hearing as I'm sure you well know.
I hope he is OK.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

AdrianH

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 02:02:29 PM »

:fingers: Hope Zac gets better soon. 
We have the same problem here with Rufus and the mains wired smoke alarm in our hallway, light the grill and off it goes , the darn thing is evil, it is so loud it hurts. Rufus is never bothered by much, thunder,fireworks etc. never worry him but that alarm causes extreme distress and panic which he takes hours to recover from so it's no surprise that Zac was upset.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 02:12:50 PM »

:'(  I appreciate that those devices are meant to protect but due to the frequency / power output, can actually cause harm to sensitive hearing cats.

:cry2:  Hopefully Zac will make a full recovery from his experience and you will have him back home, all cuddles.

:flower:  for Kitz:(
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 04:21:50 PM »

The blood tests were normal apart from anaemia and theyve let me bring him home because without a doubt he is happier with me. They actually said he was anxious when I wasnt around... anyone that knows Zac will know hes very much attached to me and yeah Im soppy about him too.

He is still very unsteady on his feet and has fallen over several times, and cant walk far.  I'd had him home about 10 mins when he appeared to have another incident, which involved the head going from side to side and his eyes flickering all over the place.  Its scary when it happens, but this one passed in a couple of minutes.

ATM they are suspecting concussion. His kidneys and liver seem ok and so are his ears which rule out a few things.  They are a lil concerned at the amount of anaemia but it could be caused by shock so want to run some more tests next week.  He is still a poorly boy and far from right... but hopefully a lil bit of time and lots of tlc will help.

He wants to be near me and touching me at all times and Im currently having trouble typing this as its a severe case of cat in the way. He's already reached out an patted my face about a dozen times just to check Im still there.
He's just eaten some tuna..  and been washed by ziggy... and is now ready for a snooze so Im moving to somewhere more comfortable for him.  Just wanted to do an update and let you know hes home.  Thank you all for you kind comments.
-----

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 04:42:12 PM »

It's good to hear that he's home, and I really hope he soon gets over it. :)
  Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 05:29:11 PM »

Indeed, it is good that Zac is home among familiar surroundings and with his pals around him.

If it is concussion, rest and relaxation will do wonders.....I do hope he recovers his faculties soon.
You mentioned earlier that when he sped off into the kitchen, you heard a loud crash and then found him atop the cupboard/unit......I wonder if he got up there at his second attempt, having fallen with a crash and banging his head on the way at the first attempt.

Don't worry too much about the anaemia....that is easily treatable.

Hoping he recovers soon.. :flower:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8