Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: More expense  (Read 27577 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
More expense
« on: February 11, 2012, 09:24:47 AM »

Good morning, and I trust all are well... :)

TD did a large washing today. Well, I mean half a wash as it appears that my trusty AEG washing machine is neither rinsing nor spinning.. and will have to be replaced......... :(

More expense.....bang goes the new PC... :cry2:

Now rinsing by hand and have racks of sogging clothing all over the place... :'(

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: More expense
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 09:30:45 AM »

:no:

Solution..............Buy new pc,wash clothes in river at bottom of TD towers  ;D

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 09:36:19 AM »

:lol: ........Good thinking, unkyUb.. :clap:

TD's new washing machine.............

« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 09:41:29 AM by tuftedduck »

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 09:39:23 AM »

Any launderettes in the neighbourhood?  For the price of a new machine you could possibly do a couple of hundred wash and dry cycles.

Colin

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 09:44:19 AM »

@ camallison.........there is one in the bright lights which would be a twelve mile round trip, but it is always so busy.

Also, TD prefers to do his washing at odd hours.....overnight for choice.

scottiesmum

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 09:48:17 AM »

Aaaaaaw TD  what a pain that is  ....     but I like Unc's suggestion  :D  better than Colin's launderette  :o :no:  comparing getting a load of washing together, taking it in the car, humping it into launderette, which is probably a drafty uncomfortable place, having to wait for the washer/dryer cycles  ....  then having to take it back in the  car   ....   with the convenience of  a lovely new machine  - no contest  ;D   The modern machines now are very clever they measure the amount of water to the amount of washing   (mine does anyway) they have quick cycles and  'eco'     for economy cycles too.  If Darty delivered to Scotland TD I would recommend them highly, their customer service at the point of sale and after sales is second to none....   hope you get sorted soon. :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 10:18:33 AM »

I like the idea of washing clothes in the river, but I fear it might be a bit back-breaking (as well as cold in the winter). ;D

You don't have to pay a fortune to get a perfectly reasonable washing machine. I've got this one, and while it's obviously not so sturdy as an AEG or a Bosch, it does a perfectly good job for me.

You might still be able to get that new computer. :)
  Eric

AdrianH

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 10:35:37 AM »

TD, it as it is both rinse and spin it could well be that the pump is blocked, is there a pump trap you can check/clear?

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 10:44:49 AM »

@ AdrianH........oh, yes there is......had forgotten about that. Will go and check.  :)

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 12:35:32 PM »

Aaaaaaw TD  what a pain that is  ....     but I like Unc's suggestion  :D  better than Colin's launderette  :o :no:  comparing getting a load of washing together, taking it in the car, humping it into launderette, which is probably a drafty uncomfortable place, having to wait for the washer/dryer cycles  ....  then having to take it back in the  car   ....   with the convenience of  a lovely new machine  - no contest  ;D   The modern machines now are very clever they measure the amount of water to the amount of washing   (mine does anyway) they have quick cycles and  'eco'     for economy cycles too.  If Darty delivered to Scotland TD I would recommend them highly, their customer service at the point of sale and after sales is second to none....   hope you get sorted soon. :)

I stand corrected  :'(

(chastised) Colin

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 12:44:12 PM »

:D

Opened and investigated the pump trap thingy.......no bloackage there.

Thanks for the linky, roseway......that's my kind of price..  :thumbs:

scottiesmum

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 01:01:32 PM »

Aaaaaaaw Colin, I wasn't nagging  :D    just a feminine view  ;D but the correct one   :lol: :lol:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 01:02:12 PM »

:lol:
  Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 01:36:17 PM »

@ scottiesmum........ :lol:

Have tried the machine again.......on a one wash one spin cycle but without detergent or a load.
The water goes in and comes out.......but the drum is not rotating... :( it still wont spin, and the door is now locked shut.. :o

I think it has had it's day.......mind you, it must be nearly twenty years old so I've had my moneys worth.. :)

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 01:43:57 PM »

It could just be the drive belt. The motor must be running I would think for the pump to work. With the back/top off you should be able to see. If it has broken you can usually see the type number and make still printed on it and a motor factors could supply. This would be cheaper than going to the manufacturer. See, I'm a cheapskate too!
Tony
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

anything