Broadband Related > Broadband Hardware

Recommendations for Replacing Home Hub 3 with Infinity

(1/1)

pintosal:
I've recently switched to BT and have just gone on to BT Infinity.

Part of the package is a Home Hub 3, which is not that good. Before joining BT I used a Netgear DG834GT with the DGTeam firmware, which was/is brilliant.

I'd like to replace HH3 because it too locked down for my liking, eg can't select DNS server etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent wireless router that I can use with the Infinity cable modem?.

uklad:
Anything you can load DD-WRT on !!!

Personally I use a Linksys WRT-300N for my gateway and D-Link DIR615 around the house for APs all with DD-wrt on them

The d-links are cheap as chips on ebay and work really well, also before my FTTC when in my WRT-300N had an uptime of 267 days !!

burakkucat:

--- Quote ---Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent wireless router that I can use with the Infinity cable modem?

--- End quote ---

Being an enthusiast for 2Wire hardware, I would suggest a 2WIre 2701HGV-C.

asbokid:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on February 08, 2012, 12:33:01 AM ---
--- Quote ---Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent wireless router that I can use with the Infinity cable modem?

--- End quote ---

Being an enthusiast for 2Wire hardware, I would suggest a 2WIre 2701HGV-C.

--- End quote ---

that reminds me.. the 2wire hacking project needs re-vitalising... anybody experienced in reverse-engineering flash file system (yet another one!)  please contact..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version