Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: Hacking the ECI model B-FOCuS V-2FUb/I Rev.B  (Read 207988 times)

biohead

• Reg Member
Re: Hacking the ECI model B-FOCuS V-2FUb/I Rev.B
« Reply #270 on: March 30, 2013, 12:21:47 PM »

Managed to find some time, so I've dug out my network switch just to confirm what can and can't be done whilst connected to only LAN1. As other people have mentioned, it is rather messy as it's introducing yet another device (Modem, Router and Switch now) to the mix.

Just for confirmation, my current layout is like this:

Code: [Select]
Gigabit Switch (5 Port)
^  ^  ^  ^  ^                   
x  x  |  |  |
      |  |   ->  ECI Modem
      |  |
      |   --- > Router WAN
      |
       ------ > Router LAN

I let the switch power up fully, then connect the modem to the switch followed by the WAN connection, then once that's established I connect to the LAN. Not sure if it matters, but that's the method I use anyway. The ECI /I was unlocked using Asbo's method, and I've preset it to use an IP address of 192.168.1.55.

My ISP is Talktalk, and the router is the 4th Gen Apple Time Capsule.

Using solely the wireless connection to the router to avoid more wires  :blush: I can remain connected to the internet whilst browsing to the router gui on 192.168.1.55 and open a telnet session to the ECI. I'm not sure there's anything else I know what to try.

If anyone does wants me to test anything out whilst I'm setup like this let me know and I shall - i'll keep this setup like this for a week or so.

colly05

« Reply #271 on: June 16, 2013, 04:01:54 PM »

has anyone managed to get stats with the the plunet router Technicolor TG582n FTTC

drsox

« Reply #272 on: June 16, 2013, 04:08:22 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean by get the stats from the Technicolor router?
The 582n doesn't do the VDSL / FTTC connection so it doesn't know or care about the sync speed or error rates.

The Openreach modem in front? of the 582n does.
Do you mean 'Has anyone managed to NAT through to an unlocked openreach modem via a 582n?' allowing access to the stats on an unlocked modem without having to plug the computer directly into the Openreach modem?

colly05

« Reply #273 on: June 16, 2013, 04:14:02 PM »

yes sorry i get the issue where the net goes slow and the modem web ui is not loading unplug the lan 1 on modem i can get the ui
so far the modem is unlocked and i have put it on ip 192.168.1.85
ive tried everything i can think of but still cant connect to the ui and the web goes slow
the only thing i haven't done is direct from laptop to lan 2 on modem and use the wifi on laptop for web as i am unsure how to do that

thanks for any tips
(think i am getting OCD on the modem stats )

navzptc

« Reply #274 on: July 20, 2013, 03:52:54 PM »

Has anyone managed to be able to have the Lan1 port going to the WAN port on a router, and have the Lan2 going into the router switch to be able to access the GUI and get the line stats etc??

I have my Lan2 set up as 192.168.1.240 and it works fine as long as the Wan port is not connected - As soon as I plug in the Wan port I lose the ability to access the GUI and get my stats :(

I presume that as I cant connect to the Lan2 port whilst running, I wont be able to run eDMT?

Any assistance very much appreciated  :)

Andy

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #275 on: July 20, 2013, 04:54:32 PM »

Has anyone managed to be able to have the Lan1 port going to the WAN port on a router, and have the Lan2 going into the router switch to be able to access the GUI and get the line stats etc??

I have my Lan2 set up as 192.168.1.240 and it works fine as long as the Wan port is not connected - As soon as I plug in the Wan port I lose the ability to access the GUI and get my stats :(

I presume that as I cant connect to the Lan2 port whilst running, I wont be able to run eDMT?

Andy

Similiar to my experience.

ryant704

• Reg Member
« Reply #276 on: July 20, 2013, 04:56:40 PM »

I could only connect to one of the device (modem and router) until you removed the IP from your computer and allowed it to auto-assign now I can access both.

navzptc

« Reply #277 on: July 20, 2013, 06:02:27 PM »

I could only connect to one of the device (modem and router) until you removed the IP from your computer and allowed it to auto-assign now I can access both.

Don't quite follow what you mean, as computer is on auto-assign?

I have got it running using a switch and just Lan1 as per biohead's post about 6 down from here, but it would be more convenient if I could just use the router and 2 cables to the modem

Would be grateful for more info on what you mean - VMT.

Andy

ryant704

• Reg Member
« Reply #278 on: July 20, 2013, 07:28:37 PM »

I assume you are changing your computer IP so you can connect to 1 or the other device, allowing the DHCP to assign automatically allows me to connect to both devices when plugged in LAN1 and LAN2.

bungee

• Just arrived
« Reply #279 on: July 23, 2013, 10:51:02 AM »

Andy

Similiar to my experience.

This is the same problem I have as well -  I can’t view the gui on my ECI  B-FOCuS V-2FUb/I Rev.B  modem when the internet is connected even if I use two leads.

If I connect either port  1 or 2 on the ECI to the LAN side of my Technicolor 582n I can view the ECI gui on 192.168.1.55. However as soon as I connect port 1 on the ECI to the WAN port on the Technicolor, so that the internet is available on the LAN, I am no longer able to connect to the ECI gui on 192.168.1.55 even though port 2 on the ECI modem is still connected to the LAN side of the Technicolor.

Can someone confirm that it is possible to view the ECI gui when the internet is connected and explain how they have configured it?

It seems to me that both ports on the ECI are acting as one port as with a cable in either ECI port 1 or 2 and connected to the Technicolor LAN side both ports respond on 192.168.1.55. Anyone know how the two ports should be configured and the linux commands (ifconfig?) to check my configuration?

richardh

• Just arrived
« Reply #280 on: September 20, 2013, 01:07:49 PM »

Hi all

I have got hold of an ECI /I  and unlocked it successfully but after going through all that i can't do the simple bit of configuring the web gui to establish a connection. it syncs fine so it's just a case of finding the right setup. could anyone assist me please step by step if possible, i would be so grateful thanks.

Another thing is as i'm currently using a HG612 in router mode, is this still possible with the ECI?  i noticed DHCP is disabled.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #281 on: September 22, 2013, 02:54:23 AM »

Hello Richard. Welcome to the Kitz forum.  :)

You have unlocked your ECI B-FOCuS /I modem. Did you try it on your line before performing the unlocking process? The reason why I ask is that unlocking it does not change any of its fundamental configuration. So if it worked before it was unlocked, it should still work after it has been unlocked.  ;)

You say "it syncs fine", so does it allow a PPPoE process to be established via the LAN1 port?

Re-reading the last line of your post I take it that you have an unlocked Hauwei HG612 that you have reconfigured to operate as a modem/router? Is that what you would like to do with the ECI B-FOCuS /I:-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

richardh

• Just arrived
« Reply #282 on: September 22, 2013, 06:22:47 PM »

Hi burakkucat and thanks  :)

I know it sounds silly as if i done everything else then this would be so simple.

The ECI modem was bought from ebay and soon as i received it i didn't test it on my line, i just unlocked it straight away. then onto the webgui to configure the connection settings to mirror the HG612. i found the ECI to sync with the cabinet fine at approx 71000kbps / 20000kbps  but it won't establish that connection to plusnet perhaps because the settings are a little wrong.

Ideally i would like to use the ECI in router mode so it handles everything such as the pppoe connection, dhcp server etc..    i don't know if this is possible?  if not i can connect to my router using the wan port (which i also tried btw).

Perhaps i should have left the settings alone soon as i unlocked it but now it appears i'm in a pickle so anyone who could guide me through it via manual setup would be great.

Thanks

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #283 on: September 22, 2013, 11:17:40 PM »

:hmm:  Hmm . . . The ECI modems are a bit of a problem.  :-X

You clearly have the configuration correct in terms of the VLAN, etc, as you are able to establish synchronisation with the DSLAM.

I need to ask for clarification on one point with regards to your Huawei HG612 modem. Have you been using the HG612 to establish the PPPoE session with your ISP? Or have you just used it as a pure bridge, as Beattie originally supplied it? If the former is the case, then the relevant configuration applied to the ECI B-FOCuS /I should work.  :-\

You could give the ECI a 'long reset' which will then revert it back to Beattie's original status. Then a test with your router  connected to the LAN1 port will allow you to confirm the correct operation. If you were then to perform the unlocking steps, it should continue to operate in bridge mode.

As for how to configure a B-FOCuS /I to establish a PPPoE session, etc, that is something I am unable to assist you with.  :no:  You may be able to glean the required information by carefully scrutinising all the ECI related posts in these fora. The main problem is that the B-FOCuS /I has been superseded by the B-FOCuS /r and all work has been performed on the latter -- based around replacing the Beattie provided firmware.

Sorry that I am unable to provide any explicit details.  :(
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

richardh

• Just arrived
« Reply #284 on: September 23, 2013, 01:15:19 PM »

You have been more than helpful  :)

I did that factory reset via the webgui which put it back to pre unlock status.  then i tested it out by using my routers wan port to make the connection and it worked!

Seeing as it still works when unlocked now i noticed what the problem was... firstly the vlan id / priority settings are totally different to the HG612 and should of been left alone and secondly since the modem isn't fully unlocked, some of the settings like bridge mode/pppoe clearly don't work because the only Wan setting that works is Dynamic IP for some reason and it acts as a bridge. whenever i select any of them other options the tab "Wan setup" goes blank.

Anyhow since installing it i have reduced my pings by 8ms so far which is good although i have lost about 1.5MB throughput because for some reason using a Wan port always does that to me. so as it seems the ECI /I version will never get that router function i may aswell get rid of it and keep hold of my Huawei for now until the clever chaps see to the /R version.

Thanks again burakkucat for lending a hand  :)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21