Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: Hacking the ECI model B-FOCuS V-2FUb/I Rev.B  (Read 207746 times)

antonyfrn

Re: Hacking the ECI model B-FOCuS V-2FUb/I Rev.B
« Reply #240 on: December 15, 2012, 10:37:26 AM »

Has there been any update on a more simple unlock other than the current way with the RS232 to TTL Converter Cable  as im not to keen on messing with my modem in that way.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #241 on: December 15, 2012, 06:40:45 PM »

Unfortunately there is no other way of obtaining access.  :no:

It would be nice if, like the Huawei HG612, it is possible to 'bring up' a screen to allow the device to be flashed with an alternative firmware. However, that facility does not exist. Therefore one must access the device through its console, at TTL levels, via an appropriate adaptor.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2012, 03:25:20 PM »

ben1066,

I like edmt :) a lot for its convenience but would rather have the attenuation Hlog rather than power (as in e.g. the DMT versions 7 and 8 ) .  I note that you provided source code in a post above but tackling that looks hard for me :-[ .   Is this an easy change that you could make available for all in a different edmt version?

Thanks for the current edmt

liamstears

« Reply #243 on: January 07, 2013, 05:44:04 PM »

Please help!!

New ECI modem arrived today ready to unlock

Got my usb serial working on windows 7, used putty to get into it, accessed it no problem, logged in, entered the commands and it hasn't worked!

Tried it a few times but still cant access it through my browser, whats going on?

I have noticed my modem reports different versions than what is listed on the hacking guide...

U-Boot 1.0.5 (Apr  6 2011 - 14:02:22)

Linux version 2.6.20.19
 (gask@BSD7.localdomain) (gcc version 3.4.6 (OpenWrt-2.0)) #1 Wed Sep 14 15:14:0
8 CST 2011

BusyBox v1.00 (2011.09.14-07:14+0000)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 09:38:45 PM by liamstears »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #244 on: January 07, 2013, 10:11:57 PM »

Oh dear. That doesn't read too good.  :o

To the best of my knowledge, there are now two variants of the ECI B-FOCuS modem in the wild. I have unlocked two of (what I call) the 'type 1' devices by following the definitive guide. A 'type 1' has four rubber feet on its base which, when removed, expose the four screws which hold the case together.

I understand that a 'type 2' device -- as of yet unseen in The Cattery -- only has two rubber feet and two plastic domes on its base. If I remember correctly, Ronski was having trouble establishing communication via the console serial header pins on a 'type 2' device.  :-\

liamstears

« Reply #245 on: January 08, 2013, 10:10:43 AM »

Oh dear. That doesn't read too good.  :o

To the best of my knowledge, there are now two variants of the ECI B-FOCuS modem in the wild. I have unlocked two of (what I call) the 'type 1' devices by following the definitive guide. A 'type 1' has four rubber feet on its base which, when removed, expose the four screws which hold the case together.

I understand that a 'type 2' device -- as of yet unseen in The Cattery -- only has two rubber feet and two plastic domes on its base. If I remember correctly, Ronski was having trouble establishing communication via the console serial header pins on a 'type 2' device.  :-\

Mine is the B-FOCuS V-2FUb/I Rev.B, from your description the Type 1 as it has 4 rubber feet with 4 screws under them...

If it helps following some other guides I have found the modem is reporting cpe_enable 1 and is reporting its ip is 192.168.1.55 so it seems as though it has worked but I still don't have telnet or web access...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:13:04 AM by liamstears »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #246 on: January 08, 2013, 05:52:08 PM »

Mine is the B-FOCuS V-2FUb/I Rev.B, from your description the Type 1 as it has 4 rubber feet with 4 screws under them...

If it helps following some other guides I have found the modem is reporting cpe_enable 1 and is reporting its ip is 192.168.1.55 so it seems as though it has worked but I still don't have telnet or web access...

Have you tried powering it up and with no device(s) connected to it, pressing and holding the reset button for ten seconds? Wait for the modem to re-boot and become stable, then connect a computer to the LAN1 port. Configure the computer to use a dynamic address and invoke it. Interrogate the computer for its default route and make a note of that IP address. It is that address which you should use to connect using telnet or put into your browser for GUI access.

Failing that, perform an nmap scan of IP addresses 192.168.1.55, 192.168.1.254, 192.168.168.168 and that of the default route, above.

liamstears

« Reply #247 on: January 08, 2013, 07:06:50 PM »

Have you tried powering it up and with no device(s) connected to it, pressing and holding the reset button for ten seconds? Wait for the modem to re-boot and become stable, then connect a computer to the LAN1 port. Configure the computer to use a dynamic address and invoke it. Interrogate the computer for its default route and make a note of that IP address. It is that address which you should use to connect using telnet or put into your browser for GUI access.

Failing that, perform an nmap scan of IP addresses 192.168.1.55, 192.168.1.254, 192.168.168.168 and that of the default route, above.

Still no luck but then again I don't understand the default route thing your talking about lol

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #248 on: January 08, 2013, 09:12:52 PM »

Here are a couple of links that may help --

Default route
Default gateway

liamstears

« Reply #249 on: January 09, 2013, 11:10:20 PM »

Still not got it working, can someone else please chime in and help... uklad?

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #250 on: January 10, 2013, 08:30:16 AM »

I've replied to your PM listing my woes, it sounds like you've got a lot further than I did.

I wonder if it's simply a matter of temporarily changing your IP address (what burakkucat was getting at I think), my networking knowledge is limited but if your PC does not have an address in the same range as the modem then you won't be able to access it.

If the modems IP is 192.168.1.55 as you say above then your PC needs a IP address in the same range, the first three numbers need to be the same. Most PCs have their IP automatically assigned from the DHCP server, you need to manually assign one to match the modem, then go into the modem and change it's IP address to match your network, then change your PC back to what it was. The modem should be directly connected to your PC whilst you do this.

Edit: This is what I did with the unlocked one that I bought, to get it accessible on my network - I used my laptop for simplicity.

Hope that helps
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 08:34:31 AM by Ronski »
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

liamstears

« Reply #251 on: January 10, 2013, 06:53:18 PM »

IM IN!!

Turns out that I was trying to set the wrong ip

I was settings 192.168.1.xx thinking the modem was at 192.168.1.55 but actually its still at 192.168.168.168 so simply settings my ip manually to 192.168.168.170 I got in :-D

EDIT: So I'm all setup and working but now wondering if there is a way to connect lan 1 to the wan port of my router and still access the modem through its ip?

My comp is on the lan of the router

EDIT2: Also on the modem internet and gui is available on lan 1 but lan 2 only allows gui it doesn't give internet access, any way to enable internet access on port 2?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 07:59:25 PM by liamstears »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #252 on: January 10, 2013, 08:33:05 PM »

lan 1 needs to be connected to your wan port for internet access, lan 2 needs to be connected to a lan port on your router to allow you to access the modem,  there's no way to do it via a single cable.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #253 on: January 10, 2013, 09:15:03 PM »

IM IN!!

Turns out that I was trying to set the wrong ip

I was settings 192.168.1.xx thinking the modem was at 192.168.1.55 but actually its still at 192.168.168.168 so simply settings my ip manually to 192.168.168.170 I got in :-D

Excellent news!  ;D

liamstears

« Reply #254 on: January 11, 2013, 07:56:47 PM »

lan 1 needs to be connected to your wan port for internet access, lan 2 needs to be connected to a lan port on your router to allow you to access the modem,  there's no way to do it via a single cable.

Wish I read this earlier lol, been playing ages to get this to work but finally found this method elsewhere and it works perfectly

My router is setup to 192.168.1.1 with 192.168.1.2 preserved for the modem and modem is 192.168.1.2 and can access them both no problems

Thanks for the reply's guys, only need a good program to access stats now, I did try eDMT but that just crashes when trying to log in
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21