Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 1st of February frippary !  (Read 2832 times)

scottiesmum

1st of February frippary !
« on: February 01, 2012, 08:39:22 AM »

'Allo 'ALlo   and  a happy new month to you all  ;D    Wickedly cold here  :o  zero at the moment  .... and the promise threat of MINUS 7 tonight  :swoon: !        All a bit of  shock  to the system.  But, I shan't complain too much because  34 departments are under  mountains of snow !  Including  Corsica   :o

Your weather woman on the BBC looked cold today in the Cotswolds  ...  wrapped in her fur hat and gloves   ::)   Does she live in the Cotswolds, or is it just  another BBC jolly   :'(   

Hope wherever you all are  .. you are warm and safe  ...  keep well all and have a good Wednesday :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:45:10 AM by scottiesmum »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: 1st of February frippary !
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 09:15:39 AM »

Your weather woman on the BBC looked cold today in the Cotswolds  ...  wrapped in her fur hat and gloves      Does she live in the Cotswolds, or is it just  another BBC jolly

We have to waste spend our license fee some way  >:D

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 09:19:38 AM »

Definitely another BBC jolly, although in this case she does live thataways.  Maybe she has an engagement in the locality later in the day?

Colin

scottiesmum

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 09:22:27 AM »

She'll have frozen up by then Colin, it was about 8.15 am    :D I like the lady herself, and if I were her, and lived in the area, I'd have agreed to do the forecast from my bed    ;D

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 09:24:08 AM »

Its very cold here and snow forecast for possibly the weekend...I hope so as I have bought Sue a nice new snow shovel  >:D  ;D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 09:52:05 AM »

I have bought Sue a nice new snow shovel  >:D  ;D

You're all heart, Phil. ;D

We had some sleety snow yesterday, but it didn't amount to anything. The temperature is hovering around zero now, and it's expected to be a bit colder over the next couple of days, but I can't honestly pretend that we're suffering at the moment. :)
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 09:56:21 AM »

I have bought Sue a nice new snow shovel  >:D  ;D

You're all heart, Phil. ;D

I know Eric,tbh it broke my little heart seeing her struggle last winter with the garden spade,so I thought if I get her something bigger she will get the job done much quicker freeing up her valuable time so she can make me some tea.  >:D :lol:

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 10:09:13 AM »

Morning all,

A pinch n a punch etc hehe.  I have to say the same as Eric (sorry for poaching your words!)...no frost here this morning but yesterday there was with some snow that didn't last too long.  Hope it won't turn into the cold they are forecasting (with snow..wot!!) tonight and tomorrow...but then again, we have been molly-coddled up to now with our winter...well 'ere in the deepest sarf east anyway.  :D

@ Uncy....<sharp intake of breath> I hope your dear Sue doesn't get to read your post on 'ere today mate <giggle> or it might be the cellar and chains for you  ;D  or on t'other hand, the bigger shovel might be placed in your hands and you locked outside the door lol.  Good luck whatever fate befalls you lol.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 10:12:24 AM »

@ Uncy....<sharp intake of breath> I hope your dear Sue doesn't get to read your post on 'ere today mate <giggle> or it might be the cellar and chains for you    or on t'other hand, the bigger shovel might be placed in your hands and you locked outside the door lol.  Good luck whatever fate befalls you lol.

Chrissie

:D

Cellar and chains.............. :hmm:  Had plenty of practice of that on here due to ruthless admin  :scare:

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 02:27:34 PM »

A very good afternoon to everybody. Nice to see you are all being nice to one another. I ave taken time out from coding on the pc to catch some of this glorious sunshine that is shining at the moment. It is marvellous sat in the conservatory looking out. It does look cold outside though. The weather station agrees with me, it's currently 5o. A nice 22o where I'm sat.
Keep in practice Phil with the chains and dungeons. As I was reading chrissie's post I expected to read you were about to get a whack with the snow shovel.

Take care all.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.