Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Fireworks  (Read 2274 times)

jabns

• Reg Member
Fireworks
« on: November 06, 2007, 06:57:34 PM »

I was wondering if anyone had a syslog or smtp server running last night(or 20 night where i live  >:( ) and whether there was any spikes of interference because of the fireworks.

It might be unrelated but i had a lot of errors last night. I am on a long line that has very good stats for its length(full sync).

Anyone else thought of this or am i the only one sad enough  :lol:.

mr_chris

• Kitizen
Re: Fireworks
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 06:58:29 PM »

Funnily enough I thought of this, and my line re-synced the other day during a massive burst of close-by fireworks.

Probably just coincidence though... :-\
Chris

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 07:29:13 PM »

You hearing the pile of fireworks that are going off a bit ago too?
Jeeze - pre 5th Nov...  5th Nov ... and now post 5th Nov .  :no:

>> I was wondering if anyone had a syslog or smtp server running last night

Attached below. not that they will be of much use to prove/disprove anything Im afraid.

hmmm not too sure what to make of it cause Im so close and things are normally rock steady.

SNR Margin If you look closely there is a slight drop about 1/2 hour ago.   Same last night at 8pm which is when there was a fairly big display.  More noticiable is perhaps Sat eve when next door (and other neighbours) had a firework party.

CRC errors - Normally I can sit for months without any at all (aside from the 4 that will always occur on a reboot).  Notice how mine have been creeping up over the past week.
The week 41 was something that had been there a while relating to some electrical work which I cleared..
Dunno what happened last Tues though - you can see it was flatlined just before that. 

>> Probably just coincidence though...

Could be anything :/

[attachment deleted by admin]
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

jabns

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 08:53:49 PM »

There is only a field between my house and Chatsworth and they launch them at our house near enough.

The window cleaner was not happy last week because some cha...."youths" through some rockets from the golf coarse onto my road nearly hitting his car!

I have it none stop now till after new year. :lol:

James

anything