Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Opera and PDF's  (Read 2076 times)

scottiesmum

Opera and PDF's
« on: January 23, 2012, 10:35:20 AM »

I'm slightly confused.  Usually, when I want to download a PDF doc. it is very straightforward.  But in Opera when I save the doc. it isn't in PDF format.  In FF I simply click on 'save as' choose the file where it is going to be saved and voila ! I can then read the PDF doc. no problem  but in Opera this does not happen.  What am I missing ?  I use FOXit reader.  Many thanks for any help  :)     I'm not yet fully converted   ;D

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Opera and PDF's
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 12:55:04 PM »

It should happen as you describe it.

Do you have Foxit set as you default PDF reader......?

Do you have a default downloads folder and have you configured Opera to aim all downloads into that folder........?

scottiesmum

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 01:21:25 PM »

Thank you for your help TD   :)   Yes,  to both of those questions  :'(

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 03:58:49 PM »

>>>> when I save the doc. it isn't in PDF format <<<<

What format is it in ?

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 04:42:12 PM »

Ooooooooooopsss   :-[   I'd deleted it TD  ...  but I've just had another go   ...  when I clicked on the 'saved doc' I get a box saying that Windows needs to identify what sort of document it is ( similarly worded to that).  However, not to be beaten   ;D   I went back to the site .....opened the document ....at the top there were not the usual options of save, print etc ...    BUT when I pressed the right mouse button, a list with 'Read Mode'  amongst other things appeared, I clicked on this, and hey presto ...   the options appeared, I was then able  to save it in PDF form.     However, again ! I then visited another site (for my telephone bill in fact)  and that particular  PDF downloaded as normal.    SO   .... I've deduced that it's the site that I'm downloading from that perhaps uses another format.  Anyway, all docs I need are happily on my machine, soon to be backed up.   

Thank you so much again   ...sorry to be a pain  ....   but I remember you saying Opera was extremely good, once it worked  to your liking.   It's starting to sing to my tune at last  ;D      until  the next time   :) :flower:

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 04:57:00 PM »

Glad it's working.......one way or another.. ;D