Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Split a garden hose  (Read 16440 times)

scottiesmum

Re: Split a garden hose
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2012, 11:07:39 AM »

:lol:

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2012, 11:48:42 AM »

Kate, the Scots are more famous for short arms and deep pockets than us Yorkshire folk.
All fabrication I might add. :)

No - a Scotsman is a Yorkshireman with the generosity wrung out of him.

Colin

PS - says a Yorkshireman - me.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2012, 02:44:19 PM »

All this talk about pulling cables in pipes, reminds me when I was an apprentice in the railway workshops in Derby.
It was the time I was working on the new railway carriages helping to pull the cables in the conduits, we would use an air line to blow a piece of string down the longer lengths of conduit that went the full length of the coach (on the shorter conduit runs we would use a steel draw tape)   Then pull a steel draw cable in, attach the cables, Then winch them in while someone fed them in, we could only use 'French chalk' to help them go in.

I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2012, 03:12:48 PM »

Actually going back yo the original problem of cutting a hose pipe from end-to-end, you should use a LINO cutting blade, that's the one that is hook shaped, so the cutting edge of the blade actually hooks around the part being cut.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

anything