Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Money in cyber space  (Read 7293 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Money in cyber space
« on: January 10, 2012, 09:19:37 AM »

Can anyone tell me how long it should take maximum when you get a refund from a company goes back into your bank account...?

The reason I ask is last week I requested a refund from EDF as we were well in front with our energy account,they then cocked it up and authorised all the monies in our account be refunded (over £200) instead of part of it.
I was told it can take up to 10 working days,which seems a long time to me.The money had vanished from our account when I checked Saturday morning and as yet is no where to be seen  ???

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Re: Money in cyber space
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 09:47:42 AM »

This really bugs me as it happens to me for both sending and receiving money.

When we had a sub post office in our shop, just after we shut the post office at night the post office phoned up to ask what our takings were that day (they do this for all over the country) so they can invest that amount over night on the the world money markets  :'(
I guess your money is earning somebody more money right now  >:D
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

AdrianH

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 09:53:58 AM »

It "should" be an instant transfer but you know banks ......... a few years back Halifax excelled themselves when I paid in @ £2500 CASH and was told I couldn't draw against that for at least 3 days as it had to be cleared  :-X 

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 10:11:33 AM »

I could believe that a 3-day delay is down to the banks, although as from the start of this year, electronic transfers are supposed to reach the recipient on the same day. But EDF's 10-day timescale must be down to them (EDF). It sounds like a sadly typical bit of deliberate delaying of a refund.
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 10:21:32 AM »

This is via EDF online chat

Bikash: Yes, I can see that the money has been transferred on 06.01.2012, It will take 10 days. I apologize for the inconvenience you faced.
Bikash: I assure you, the amount will refund to your bank account within 10 working days.

Bikash: There is a procedure where we verify every aspect that the amount is getting transferred to the correct account. I apologize for the delay, but that is procedure that we have to follow.

Bikash: I can understand your problem. I assure you that you will get your money as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:24:00 AM by UncleUB »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 10:26:27 AM »

My reaction to those answers is unfortunately not printable on a family-friendly forum. :-X
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 10:33:45 AM »

My reaction to those answers is unfortunately not printable on a family-friendly forum. :-X

That is why I chose online chat as I would have been likely to lose my temper over the telephone.

Just asked when my contract expires...10th March.............. EDF

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 10:36:48 AM »

IMHO it takes a maximum of 3 days for the bank to do its (delaying) work and the remaining 7 days for EDF to prat around getting internal authorisations and going through their checks and balances to ensure their staff aren't awarding themselves refunds.  Phil, as we did for Scottish Power, find the email address of their CEO in the UK and lodge a formal complaint.  It seemed to work last time didn't it?

Colin

PS - I totally agree that in this day of online instant payments, they have no real excuse.  BTW - "prat around" is a technical term used by accountants and lawyers to describe the finer points of their work.   :lol:

[EDIT - your wish is my command - vincent.derivaz@edfenergy.com  ]
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:41:10 AM by camallison »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 10:48:20 AM »

Thanks Colin  :)

irrc I have emailed that gentleman before and never got a reply.  >:(

Re my contract......it doesn't expire on the 10th of March as indicated by EDF online chat,it actually expires on the 31st March.

I have just phoned them (kept my cool naturally   :angel: )...asked also about the refund and was told it can take up to ten working days,it depends on how many refunds they have to do  :-X

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 11:46:16 AM »

By OFGEM rules, he or an appointed deputy, MUST respond to any form of communication that is a complaint.  Still, since he received the original communication, he must ensure that it is closed off to your satisfaction.  It is also good corporate practice.  Remember how quickly you got a response from Scottish Power - that was an example of how it is done properly.

Should you get no response from Derivaz, then we can escalate it to OFGEM who also keep league tables and heavily fine those who don't respond quickly and with a result that keeps the consumer happy.  IIRC, EDF are top of that table.

Colin

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 12:24:27 PM »

Thanks Colin, :)

I have just sent another email to him.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 06:39:19 PM »

Of course, we must remember of what the letters EDF are an abbreviation -- Energie De Francaise!

I raise my English paw to them and expose just two claws, suitable for "drawing" a long bow -- as used against the French in the Hundred Years' War, particularly at Agincourt (1415).  :whip:  :mad:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 07:12:42 PM »

Ahem...

I think you'll find that EDF is Electricité de France :oldman:
  Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 09:12:13 PM »

Ahem...

I think you'll find that EDF is Electricité de France :oldman:

Thank you Eric. Still French, still foreign, still have not signed a peace treaty with England.

(They could only manage to agree to a truce . . . and, subsequently, have hoped that with the formation of (what is now) Her Britannic Majesty's United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland that the truce and not a peace treaty would be forgotten. Never! As my late Belgian neighbour used to say: "A nation of German collaborators, who eat garlic, cheese and frogs' legs and have nothing to show for it, except a rusty pylon in Paris".)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 08:25:35 AM »

The refund is now safely back in my sweaty palms  ;D
Pages: [1] 2

anything