Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Just fixn’ me L Plates on  (Read 3491 times)

KitizenKane

• Just arrived
Just fixn’ me L Plates on
« on: January 09, 2012, 01:58:16 PM »

Hi All

As you are well aware I have just entered this Gold Mine of information and knowledge. The detail and clarity of explanation offered here mean that I will learn something rather than merely reading about it. I am really looking forward to the experience of joining you.

I have arrived here on my journey to find out why my apparent ‘Max Achievable Speed’ of 21000 Kbps can only be served up as 11661 Kbps [as at today’s testing]. Not that miracles are expected, I just want to get the best possible service for my monthly wad of dosh.
Of course I will be seeking answers, to some possibly questionable points, in the [hopefully] appropriate places but only when all avenues of search have been exhausted to my limits. At heart I am a DIY geezer.

With practically zero technical knowledge my senses [or is it just the hairs on the back of my neck?] are telling me that it is the need [perhaps you may choose to read ‘greed’?] for money that partially drives an ISP‘s MO and ‘system’. Of course, this may wrong but WIKI being given 3 differing answers to the same question by 3 ISP employed ‘experts’ and having to wade through documentation which is 18 months out of date and currently incorrect is something that can be done without.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to offer advice or help when requested, and power to Kitz’s arm.

Best wishes,

[b\]KK[\b]
From the Celtic - Iyadwyhadywagwyhag ;)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Just fixn’ me L Plates on
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 02:03:30 PM »

Hello, KitizenKane, and welcome to the Forum... :)

Please feel free to post the details of your problem in the appropriate board, and we can then leave this thread as an introduction only.....keeps things nice and simple.

ps.........I give up..........what does your sig. mean.  :hmm:  ;D

AdrianH

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 02:15:27 PM »

ps.........I give up..........what does your sig. mean.  :hmm:  ;D

Mark Twain  ;)

KitizenKane

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 02:20:37 PM »

Thanks for your welcome tuftedduck

Sorry if I did not make it clear there is absolutely no intention of asking questions here, a lot of reading [for me] has already been done but I have not started to search for answers yet. That pleasure is coming up soon  :).

The reason for the wink is that the ‘siggy’ is NOT Celtic, just an old adage [or perhaps not so well known or memorable after all, just that I’ve been using it for too long  ;D]:

If you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have
always got

Although I am not sure that is exactly what MT said  :blush:
Best wishes,

[b\]KK[\b]
From the Celtic - Iyadwyhadywagwyhag ;)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 02:39:56 PM »

Ah........ ;D