Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Discount coupon for Malwarebytes Pro  (Read 5643 times)

AdrianH

Discount coupon for Malwarebytes Pro
« on: January 08, 2012, 11:37:07 AM »

http://www.malware-coupon.com/

Available now, given the amount of new nasties making life difficult this may be attractive to some here.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Discount coupon for Malwarebytes Pro
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 02:57:37 PM »

Is that discount genuine ?

I see nothing about it on the Malwarebyte sites.........and there are a few typos in that discount site.

AdrianH

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 04:36:14 PM »

Is that discount genuine ?

I see nothing about it on the Malwarebyte sites.........and there are a few typos in that discount site.

Yes it is genuine and if you follow the link it takes you to https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/uurl-kgt1dxw6a1?x-at=malwareorder 

I have used it today and got the Pro version for 2 machines, all docs,receipts , ID's and keys etc. without any issue.

Oranged

• Reg Member
    • The Mobile Help Forum
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 05:54:00 PM »

Strange that their IP address relates back to Nobis Technology Group who have been gaining a reputation for spamming.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 10:19:47 PM »

I admit to being ignorant, but a google on Malwarebytes and Nobis Techmology doesn't comfort. AFiCUI Nobis have Ubiquity serbers that seem a serious spam source and they seem not proactive at all in dealing with. As Nobis owns Mbytes that seems a tad or two odd.

Maybe though I am not reading correctly

Oranged

• Reg Member
    • The Mobile Help Forum
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 01:34:16 AM »

As Nobis owns Mbytes that seems a tad or two odd.

I don't think Nobis own Malwarebytes but they seem associated with the malware-coupon website.

Unfortunately GoDaddy also appear to be in the chain which might explain the spam problem.

AdrianH

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 08:34:33 AM »

So we can put this to bed .........

1) I , for obvious reasons checked the sites credentials prior to buying via them.

2) Any link I pass on has been thoroughly checked before being posted

3) I have personally spoken to the Admin at Malwarebytes support, who has taken the trouble to confirm with Malwarebytes Marketing Team the validity of the site in question.

"I just heard back from our Marketing Team and they said that yes this is a valid site and that works with us.

Thank you for checking."

4) 
. As Nobis owns Mbytes that seems a tad or two odd.

Definitely wrong , Nobis do not own Malwarebytes.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 08:42:08 AM by AdrianH »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 09:26:24 AM »

@ AdrianH, please be assured that when I posted a doubt about the link, I was not trying to imply that you had done anything wrong.

I do appreciate that you posted in good faith, and I do accept and know that you would not post anything nasty.

The site in question just looked a little odd to me.......however, the situation is now clarified, thank you.  :)

AdrianH

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 10:02:32 AM »

@ AdrianH, please be assured that when I posted a doubt about the link, I was not trying to imply that you had done anything wrong.

I do appreciate that you posted in good faith, and I do accept and know that you would not post anything nasty.

The site in question just looked a little odd to me.......however, the situation is now clarified, thank you.  :)

No problem TD, I always double check any sites like that, there are too many that are scam/farming/phishing sites and was very wary of this one till I made extra checks.

Even though my systems have layered and cloud protection I never blindly accept an unknown site on face value.

MalwareCoupon

• Just arrived
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 09:29:42 PM »

Hi Kitz Forum, I just wanted to reply to clear some things up about the website Malwarebytes Coupon. I'm one of the administrators of it and we simply partnered to provide promotional discounts and special offers for Malwarebytes when they are available to help people save on this great bit of software.

Nobis/Ubiquity are our server providers nothing to do with the promotion or Malwarebytes, and GoDaddy is the registrar of the domain.

When you apply the discount the checkout is the official one provided by Malwarebytes with a discounted price.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me, thanks.  :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 10:40:59 PM »

Thank you for confirming :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything